1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Lostie

Lostie Member

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

His real value is his play on the court. People forget that this is only his second season, and the guy is going to make mistakes. His contract is just gravy. The combination of his play and his contract make him a very desirable trade piece, as well as a desirable player to keep.

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Yeah no, you're so observant with your "redundant skill sets" critique gleaned right from a Broussard ESPN article.

Great observation yo.

And maybe you should actually read what I wrote. We're speaking in terms of value to the team and performance within their designated roles.

I'll explain this a fourth way, now, and give you an example, because I don't think you're clever enough to understand:

Omer Asik's job on the basketball court is to rebound the basketball. Within the ambit of that job, he is a top 5 rebounder in the NBA.

Do you understand? Still no? lol maybe they'll explain it to you on lakersground using puppets or a flash presentation

4. nickg

nickg Member

Anyone claiming that Lin is the best player on the team is just as ****ing stupid as those that claim he's a scrub.

Anyone that doesn't think Lin is being used wrong is also stupid. He's not. But harden is better. If harden is going to be the point guard and/or I so 90% of the time, Lin shouldn't be on the court with him. Head not a spot up shooter. Completely different skill set. Get Steve Blake form that because toney Douglas sucks too.

Lin should run the team when harden isnt on the floor ( still only about 8 minutes a game ) but honey Douglas is the one that does for some crazy reason.

The offense is fine for Lin proved that against San Antonio. Problem for him is, harden ( deservedly, although I don't know why they use him as a pg ) has the keys.

5. nickg

nickg Member

Dumb. Patterson is the rockets worst starter. Please, for our sanity, think before posting. Think of the ****ing children .

6. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

I hope he stays. I think he is a huge asset to this team.

7. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I just linked you a thread where we talk about how his combined production is elite in the NBA, and there are only 3 other players who are doing it right now, but you're still insistent on talking about economics. So what that tells us is you have your opinion, and no amount of actual facts will change that. You're just determined to pigeon hole Parsons as a "value" rather than as an actual great player regardless of his salary. Pretty dumb.

1 person likes this.
  8. sidestep

sidestep Member

Lin's step got him wide open in the lane. It was a good shot to take, a good decision. He got blocked; it happens sometimes.

Ed Davis 'of all people' had 3 blocks tonight but you single out the block on Lin. What's your point besides taking every opportunity to make a snide remark? Lin got blocked therefore McHale's coaching is superb; that's sarcasm at your level.

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

You can play bad, you can lose but not playing with effort is inexcusable. Better show up tomorrow.

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Parson's value is what Lin's value was to the Knicks last year...minimum wage producing at a top tier level. A system will make or break (or at least bring you down)....ask Melo last year with D's system. Either a coach is clever enough to mesh all the talents or you have to go to plan B.

11. nickg

nickg Member

Parsons real value is that he's a 2nd year forward that has already developed a pretty good 3 pointer and is, more often than not, a + defender. Not to mention he's averaging 16 7 and 4 on 46% shooting. But whatever.

12. nickg

nickg Member

So what about teams that really don't have a system?

13. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

It's interesting how Jeremy Lin himself is fine with being held accountable for sucking at the moment, yet the orcish hordes on this board are rank and file apologists.

I've heard "McHale's system" and I've heard "Asik's finishing ability" as scapegoats now. Oh yeah, and "fan support." There isn't enough "fan support" for Jeremy Lin, so that's got to be a reason, too.

This is sad to me.

14. Lostie

Lostie Member

Comparing someone like Parsons to Pippen/Durant/Leb is kind of dumb. He's good, but he's not at that kind of level.

15. sidestep

sidestep Member

No one blamed the coaches for that play. You're just manufacturing strawmen arguments to beat down at your pleasure. Who is that even directed at? Maybe you think you are having a conversation, but it seems to me you just enjoy listening to yourself talk.

16. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Like the first two games of the season...both Harden and Lin did great.:grin:

17. sidestep

sidestep Member

BeeBeard, Calderon played great. But let's also acknowledge they actually had set plays they were running, and even their young players knew where they needed to be on the floor. What do the Rox have in terms of offense? Don't distract the conversation by bringing up Lin. If you think the coaches are doing a great job, let's hear it.

18. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

The stats are all there for you to peruse.

Feel free to split adolescent hairs because one man's two points was off of a layup while another man's was on a thunderous dunk, or one man's assist was on a simple kickout while another man's was on a lookaway pass. Production is production. Points are points, assists are assists, rebounds are rebounds. The point of that thread is "this is pretty incredible" and not "this is pretty incredible for somebody making so little." It's pretty sweet irrespective of the economics. Couching Parsons' season so far in terms of just cost-value is tantamount to crapping all over him for no reason at all.

19. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Beebeard instead of ranting why don't you just say you want Lin traded? End of argument. I don't know why LOH want to criticize Lin but at the same time don't want him traded? With LOH and LOF bombing Morey's twitter account demanding a trade, no reason why it won't happen.

20. nickg

nickg Member

Its also interesting how the other side feels the need to scream about every TO he has made. Hell, how many ****ing idiots cried because he intentionally fouled a guy when there were only 24 ****ing seconds on the clock. 24 seconds. Read that again. That's the ****ing logic of one side, you pointed out the logic of his apologists. ****ing idiots.

Of course Lin is at fault. He's the one that can't shoot. But to ignore the fact that he's basically pushed into then role of a spot up shooter is equally ignorant. Both groups ( LOF/LOH , whatever the **** you call each other ) are equally tiring.