1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after playing just 18 minutes vs. Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's a combination of the team is utilizing him and the fact that he's probably nursing and injury and has pain. Remember it's much harder to play good off the ball that requires quick cuts etc due to injury and pain. This dude is a bust. His body is already breaking down and he's cleverly disguising it. Off the ball play preinjured JLin in NY was still cutting hard etc..

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

15$ million for 3 years? You don't have the right math pal.

Morey has invested into Lin AND Asik just the same, way more than Douglas and Patterson.

Also what is invested in Parsons? Whose not even making a million per year? Yet he continues to get minutes.

Sorry, there is no conspiracy theory here. The coaches are not out to ruin Lin.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Again, Lin is probably still injured and has pain. He was a quicker more aggressive off the ball player prior to wear out injury in NY. I think he is a bust based on the fact that his body can't handle NBA play.

4. kozmo

kozmo Member

Lin wasnt covering mayo

5. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Lin's current role is different than the one he had under D'Antoni , when Melo was out of the lineup. During the so-called Linsanity stretch, he was the focal point of NYK's offense. T. Chandler is a MUCH better center to play the PnR with Lin then Asik. Chandler was a better finisher & a better defender. At times, it almost looked like a lite version of Duncan & Parker. That PnR system and those players not only optimized Lin’s abilities, but opened up a number of different positive scenarios for their team. Once Melo came back, that focal point immediately became a problem, and eventually led to D'Antoni's exit, and Lin being pushed out. Melo & Lin were caught in a tug of war trying to figure out who would be the focal point of the offense. It was also the same time when Lin's stellar play started to fade, due to a combination of Melo's need for ball control, and other teams focusing a bulk of their attention on shutting Lin down.

I don't think Lin will ever be able to repeat Linsanity, even if he played under D'Antoni again. Lin is part of a system, and his play reflects how that system uses his abilities. Look at Harden, he is also a part of a system, like he was in OKC, and now Houston. Expecting Lin to excel in ANY system, which sounds like what some people are saying, is assuming he is some elite PG, which he is not. But, with the right tweaks, he may have the opportunity to perform much better on the offensive end.

This team is young, and I'm looking forward to seeing them play more.

6. rvpals

rvpals Member

I feel bad for the kid.

7. Dei

Dei Member

If you give me 5 million, you can feel bad for me too.

8. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

That's a joke, right?

9. VanityHalfBlack

You're a 6'3", 200 lbs Asian???

10. rokit

rokit Member

just for the sake of argument, what would an elite PG like rondo do in this system?

11. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Dei, I already feel bad for you without the 5 million. :p

1 person likes this.
  12. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oShTJ90fC34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Did you see these guys get benched so many times at critical time or set up as a 3-pointer shooter?

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

No, I am saying if there was no such thing as ethnic pride and everyone just treated each other the same, then there would be no racism.

15. conquistador#11

do no want, too much democratic basketball. we need more fascist basketball. seriously, he passes too much and only scores 13 pts per game which means on most nights he is getting outscored by the guy who averages 14 pts per game...that's bench time for mr. rondo!

16. Luca

Luca Member

Lmao.

17. Luca

Luca Member

Lol, Rondo is one of the best PGs in the League. Even him would be lost in this offense imo.

18. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Well said. I rewatched the game, lin played well, he tried to set up his teammates, too bad nobody can shoot open shots, that is why he only got 3 assits.

19. Allegro

Allegro Member

Lin was benched when the deficit was 12 points. Kaman had 8 points. Harden had all of 2 by then because Mayo was locking him down. We made our comeback because K & M took a break and allowed Harden to heat up -- not because of TD.

McHale thought wrongly that the comeback was because of TD. He confused correlation with causation, stuck with TD in crunch time -- and lost the game.

Fair enough. Except the lineup with TD <i>wasn't</i> working. That's why we lost the game: Mayo torched TD for 16 points in the 4th quarter. A bigger, stronger, mobile PG like Lin might have done better defensivly. I blame McHale for misdiagnosing the reasons for our initial comeback and, based on that awful reasoning, putting the wrong PG on the floor in crunch time. The loss is on the coach.

20. kumakun

kumakun Member

If you need to prove your minutes, I don't know how why Pat Patterson is still even on the team? He has the least amount of rebounds for a PF and sub C at times. He's the biggest liability to this team on the defensive end, and he can barely if ever post.
    Not just bashing Patterson, but Morris is terrible defensive, Delfino holds the ball too much, Asik still can't score offensively when the defense tightens, and Harden's a ballhog, Lin cant shoot 3s. I think the team is on a downward slop out of the playoffs at this rate if they're benching starting Lin and Asik 4th quarter.