1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Progressive media claims they'll be "tougher" on Obama now

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rtsy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So I guess, we see who the true hypocrite is here - it's the ******* who lobs sputtering righteous indignation all over the place and is unable to back up a single one of his claims - you and Rush are two of a kind.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Who said that Greenwald is the equivalent to Limbaugh, Matthews or Hannity? I certainly did not. However, there has been controversy about some of his tactics and "facts".

3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sam, you're forgetting the liberal voices in the angry Buddha's head. His articles totally contradict what those voices say.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I guess I just have never heard of this. The best I could find was this:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/techno...-hat-and-is-an-embarrassment-to-the-guardian/

A neocon blogger for the Telegraph (the rival of Greenwald's employer Guardian) says Greenwald got some stuff wrong. At the end of the article, the blogger has an edit where he retracts much of what he said in the original article.

I've seen some statist ideologues condemn Greenwald for minor (read: irrelevant) issues over his coverage of Julian Assange and Bradley Manning, but that probably isn't what you're talking about either. So, again, I'd like to hear about what he's done to damage his reputation as a journalist.

FWIW, I don't side with Greenwald on everything, but I do appreciate his consistency. He and Justin Raimondo are two guys I go to for world events.

5. rtsy

rtsy Member

I stand up for my principles - not my God-King.

My claim is that the MAJORITY of Dems/liberals have abandoned or ignored what they once emphatically proclaimed to stand for and believe in, in favor for a loyal following to their beloved leader.

Actually what has been proven is that they didn't really care about the issues. All they cared about was an attack on Bush.

This cult-like following has allowed Obama to continue to continues the dismissal many basic constitutional rights without an ounce of objection - Patriot Act, NDAA, etc. etc. etc. etc. And they still don't care - or it's a mass cultish denial.

6. SamFisher

Well and good - And I'm asking you to show a SINGLE SOLITARY PERSON of this mythical 50+% who has done this replete with a SPECIFIC EXAMPLE.

It should not be difficult - there are dozens of posters on this board that fit into the "dems/liberals" category, and millions nations wide - you should be able to find at least one example if your hypothesis has any validity whatsoever.

Is it really that much to ask? You should welcome this opportunity that I am providing you. It may lead to the foundations of *final* victory. Now, time for you to deliver the goods.

7. rtsy

rtsy Member

So I'm supposed to show an example of policy being ignored? Doesn't work that way. Show me examples of a majority of dems protesting Obama's continuation of Bush's polices.

So when Politico's Dylan Byers says "For the better part of four years, progressive media has had President Barack Obama's back." - I won't argue. I don't think you should either.

CULT.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Skw-0jv9kts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. SamFisher

Yes, in fact it does work that way. It's your hypothesis, it's up to you to elaborate on it.

Ergo, you're supposed to show a single shred of evidence to support your hypothesis that "the majority" are refuting previously-held positions - you can start by showing A SINGLE PERSON WHO DID THIS, surely the hundreds of thousands of posts on this BBS are a good place to start.

But apparently you can't find a single one. Yet you claim this "hypocrisy" that you are unable to show exists, is your driving, motivating purpose.

It's not, or else you'd be able to show a SINGLE PIECE OF EVIDENCE that it exists.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

one of the absolute last things on my mind is what Chris Matthews is saying on MSNBC.

what he and his network says, plays almost ZERO role into the formation of my thought process.

yet all I read about from those with whom with I disagree, is what this guy says on air every night, especially during the Libya controversy and election night...

#29 across110thstreet, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Rtsy...such a bitter troll.

11. rtsy

rtsy Member

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows that Obama, who campaigned on a pledge to close the brig in Cuba and to change national security policies he criticized as inconsistent with U.S. law and values, has little to fear politically for failing to live up to all of those promises.

An ABC News-Washington Post poll in February 2012 found that 67 percent of moderate to conservative Democrats, along with 53 percent of liberals, now support keeping Guantanamo Bay open. (Congress denied the funding the president would have needed to close it; critics say he ducked the fight.) A month after the president took office, pledging to close it, 64 percent of Democrats wanted it closed.

Likewise, in 2006, under Bush, 53 percent of Democrats thought the Patriot Act went too far, according to the Pew Research Center. In 2011, after the president asked for its extension, only 40 percent said it went too far. And earlier this year (before the kill list revelation) fully 77 percent of liberal Democrats supported Obama’s drone policy (the question wasn’t polled under Bush), with 55 percent of them also supporting strikes on U.S. citizens.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cies/2012/02/07/gIQAFrSEyQ_story.html?hpid=z3

But hey - liberals here gots to go be heard in that 310 page thread about Trayvon Martin, can't be worrying about Obama and due-process free assassination of 16 year old American citizens. Only a troll would do such things.

12. SamFisher

Why don't you unpack that assertion.

Why can you not oppose Florida's stand-your-ground laws as applied in the Martin case, while simultaneously not being as concerned about drone strikes that happen at terrorist/paramilitary camps in lawless parts of Yemen?

I for one, can pretty easily distinguish between Florida and Yemen.

Florida:

[​IMG]

Yemen:

[​IMG]

13. rtsy

rtsy Member

Giving the President the power to assassinate US citizens without trial is a much more pressing and important issue than Florida's stand-your-ground law.

14. SamFisher

So you are saying the two items are distinguishable, correct? (as an aside... far more scared of every sh-thead in Florida with a gun than I am of the PResident killing me with a drone, but that's not the point...)

Then where does the hypocrisy come in?

15. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

It's Obamacrat...get it right...scoreboard brahhhhhhh

bwahahahahaha!

self-pwnage....think critically! bwaahahahahaa

did I mention....bwhahahahahahahaa? *snort

1 person likes this.
  16. jocar

jocar Member

Would like to hear more about this Obama cult you have an unhealthy obsession with.

Does your bedroom look anything like this?
    [​IMG]