1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yaowear.com

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by JayZ750, Feb 5, 2003.

1. wiredog

wiredog Member

I've read some posts in here, and I don't know if you guys aren't aware or just don't care, but the truth is Yao Ming Song is NOT original in composition. It's a famous soccer song that goes "Ole, ole ole ole" I like the Yao Ming song, too but it's copying someone's work for your profit.

2. feishen

feishen Member

FYI, that soccer song is never copyrighted by any company, it is
    chanted all over the world. It is like unix or linux.

3. thedreamisover

Dude, Chance's song was on the Hitbox (a Euro-club mix)
    in like 1996. "Ole' Ole' Ole' Ole'" and I guarantee that it was copyrighted. The main difference between Chance and these "parasites" is that ya'll like and know chance. Both are legit ways to make a buck. If you don't like it don't buy it. If they are doing something illegal, trust me, they will get sued. As it stands it looks like legit parody...just like Chance's song is a parody of a famous Euro song, although around here you'd think that it was a composition of genius. Chance must have the biggest nuts in H the way so many of ya'll are riding them...

4. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Man these shirts are about as positive as the ones Abercrombie and Fitch made. Not that I'm big PC advocate or anything, hell I didn't even think shaq was that bad. But when people are selling products like taht , its just BS.

5. feishen

feishen Member

But I know "ole ole ole" when I was a kid that is 20 some years ago.
    I remember vaguely the orign of this song was from a fan using the melody of a classic music work. Pardon my ignorance about classic music, anybody might know what it is.

6. feishen

feishen Member

If those Abercrombie and Fitch shirts were less than 10 bucks, then that is a different story. Same goes for this YaoWear.

7. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Wrong. It's a public domain melody. I would bet that the songwriting credit contains (Music: Trad. arr. by C. MacLain / K. Ryan)

8. AGBee

AGBee Member

That shirt would be better if they "ASK" was spelled correctly.

9. heech

heech Contributing Member

It's a hip-hop thing. Aks is the 'correct' (or at least desired) spelling.

10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

How would it be a diffrent story if B]those[/B] AF shirts were less than 10 bucks????

11. RBogan

RBogan New Member

You people are hysterical...

I'm glad I found this board. I think it will be more entertaining to read than the Texans' board! Wow...I never thought I would say that...

Keep up the g...er, work...

Thanks,