1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wally Szczer...Whatever

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jeff, Feb 4, 2003.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Seems like a small sacrifice for the team to make for the good of the bbs;)

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Who said anything about trading for him? I just don't like him. If he played for the Rox for whatever reason, I'd learn to like him I guess.

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's your answer. 50% shooters are unreal. Wally is a bona fide shooter- he's not getting a high FG% like Jefferson does with dunks and layups, he's a shooter.

How many guards in the recent era outside of Stockton and Jordan have done that? Some people on this board were peeing in their pants when Francis was over 50% like 2 weeks into the season.

Wally also pisses me off, but I can't deny that he's a player.

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I really don't like that guy, but he is much better than Mobley. You cannot look at the stats, and say they are the same. I watched quite a few Wolves games last couple of seasons, and many of the Rockets games this season. Wally is a much better shooter than Mobley, and functions better in the team system.

5. tozai

tozai Member

Wally thinks he's a MAX player. He would demand much more money than Cuttino, and is not significantly better.

6. thedreamisover

All ya'll dudes hating on Wally sound pretty insecure to me. Talk about inferiority complexes.
    On the other hand, that one eyebrowed, Bert and Ernie looking motherf*** looks like he's hitting the pipe. Didn't he used to be kind of swole? Dude looks diseased.
    Also memo to everyone:
    let "newbies" say what they wanna say this ain't that serious
    if anyone of us would spend the time reading and writing that we use posting and reading posts, we would all be learned men. Of course, we are very learned when it comes to the Rockets, so who's to say?

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing that pisses me off about Wally World (and something I chronicled back in my "Hate for Role Players" thread) is that he gets so freaking excited about the simplest little thing. If he is snowbirding down on one end of the court, his team gets a steal, lobs him the ball and he gets an easy, uncontested layup...he runs back down the court screaming his head off like he just single handedly won the championship for his team. He gets worked up, and it just pisses me off. Most players at least wait until they do something spectacular or particularly clutch.

8. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

lmFao:D :D :D :D :D :D

9. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Now I know why I don't like the guy!:D

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

...and what's wrong with his ears? Have you seen them? Wierd.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He did lose a lot of wait, I think he wanted to go play for the Clippers.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't mind him.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Guys, you need to settle down. The dude got mad hotties at miami. One of my buddies went there for two years before transferring to my school. He said that the guy was the biggest pimp on campus. He's not a bad looking guy and he played ball, so thats probably the reason why he got the ladies, but its still cool that he took advantage of it.

But, I gotta say that its a pain in the ass playing against him. Every time he took a shot last night, my heart would skip a beat. IMO, he is one of those guys that I would hate to play against, but I would love to have on my team.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

NO FREAKIN WAY! We have to like him then!

:rolleyes:

The dude could not create his own shot if his life depended on it. Trade him for Mobley my ass. Yeah the guy is a good shooter, but thats about it.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Who said anything about trading Mobes for him?? Did I ever say he can do more than shoot? Did I even say I would trade for him? Geez. Talk about jumping the gun. :rolleyes:

16. Band Geek Mobster

I really liked Wally back in his Miami of Ohio days. It was amazing how he carried that team in the tourney.

The man does have quite a nice shooting touch...

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to rag on you like that. I meant the other 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 hatin on Cuttino left and right.

18. JamesC

JamesC Member

A friend of mine that went to Ball State told me once he had to help Wally do something when he was in town for a game.I forgot what it was exactly. He told me that Wally had a stuck up attitude and acted like he was better than everybody else. He said he couldnt stand him.

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I don't know the guy personally, but I really like him as a basketball player. I would trade Mobley for Wally any day. They are relatively similar players, but Wally seems to make fewer stupid mistakes than Cuttino. Plus, I like the yelling; it shows that he plays with passion.

20. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

I totally agree. Wally is a loser. He is a bad version of Dan Majerle