1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuttino's the most selfish SOB in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

This is nothing more than a Cuttino rant.

First, let me say that the Twolves played strong defense tonight.

But having said that, Cuttino basically wrecked our offense tonight. He refused to pass the ball inside, Yao in particular. He refused to cut to the basket. He stayed in the same areas as the ball when the ball was inside, thus making it impossible for the post player to do anything other than turn the ball over, take a bad shot, or viola . . . give the ball to Mobley on the outside.

For a while, I thought Rudy saw this and was going to sit Mobley's ass for the 4th quarter and play Moochie. But back came Mobley's selfish soul, and killed any chance of a comeback in the 4th quarter. Our chances of making the playoffs depend on whether Mobley can carry us to victory with his selfish play. I suppose we should just ship Yao back to China now, since we're not going to use him.

I've seen enough. We need to ship Mobley to the Clippers for Piatkowski or something like that. At least he will pass, and he can hit an open shot. I really don't care. We're reaching the point where it's addition by subtraction. Mobley is a fine player when he feels like it. But it is obvious that he doesn't care about the team concept and places himself first.

I'd rather lose as a team than lose with Mobley's ballhogging. At least we would have a chance to win as a team.

This is completely ridiculous. Let's dump Mobley to the Cavaliers, Denver, Atlanta or some other crappy team where he can be "the man" and jack up his stupid shots on a nightly basis. Mobley has an overinflated sense of self, and needs to get dumped.

I'm officially through with bashing any other rocket. Bring back glen rice. Compared to Mobley, he's great.

My goal in life is now to increase the Mobley hating until something is done. That worthless sack of dog craaap has ruined too many games, and will guarantee this team's failure and frustration.

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

No mention of Francis taking 21 shots tonight? Yao only getting 7 FG attempts?

Francis and Mobley are neck and neck when it comes to selfishness.

3. Thurgood

Thurgood Member

the reason the rockets loss is because yao dont no what to do when hes triple teamed..thats all teams gotta do when yao gets the ball cuz it usually results in a turnover or forced shot with clock runnin down...when yao can get the ball back out and swing it back to the weakside like dream used to do the rockets can be a force in the league besides they still got learnin to do..i wanna say 28 wins last year and they already got 26 so reguardless there playin better ball

4. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Francis shot the ball well tonight, he wasn't playing selfish just well. Cuttino was still in the flow of the offseason and that's where his shots came from, just didn't hit them. Yao needs more shots but he also needs to be more assertative when he gets the ball.

5. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

SORRY. BUT NO.

I know I am stupid.

But you are wrong.

Can't be Cuttino.

He didn't do anything wrong.

We played pretty much the same. We just didn't make the shots.

Don't blame Eddie Griffin? He missed a lot of open shots.

So did Cuttino. It didn't work out well in the -3 DEGREE WEATHER.

But heck...it's Cuttino's fault. He actually scored.

He couldn't get it to Yao. DID YOU SEE THEM TRIPLE AND QUADRUPLE TEAM YAO MING?

Cuttino is not a scapegoat.

Steve Francis. Yay. Scored 31 points. BUT WHAT? Only 6 assists?

What did our team have? Like 7 assists?

Golly...

This proves that Yao needs to get involved in the offense. But the Rockets are young and forget all about Yao. They tried to get him involved BUT JUST COULDN'T.

NESTEROVIC SCORED MORE THAN YAO. What the heck? Yes, because Yao left him open. But still...he got beat. And Yao only took 7 shots.

We needed to get Yao involved. But it's not like Yao didn't do anything wrong. He had a couple of turnovers and missed many opportunities as well.

Maybe part of the fault was Cuttino. But it's not JUST HIS FAULT. He's not wrecking our offense.

We have to play together as a team. I don't like Steve and Cuttino trying so hard. We need help.

We can't trade the Cat. If we don't want him, who will? Everyone knows he's a ballhog with an attitude. So why would anyone else want him?

6. javilo

javilo Member

You are correct SIR!!!!!! He has got to go!!! I am sorry but the way he just looks at Ming while he is open and then decides to take his own Screwed up shot tells me that he is not a team player. This is crazy...For Yao to only get 7 shots. That is why we lost....NO BALL MOVEMENT AND SELFISH PLAY.

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

"hating Mobley" is a movement that has a bigger bandwagon than our championship years had.

8. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

7-16 not a great night but not terrible.

9. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

SO IT'S MOBLEY'S FAULT? I still don't get it. He's just standing there. He was the one who stepped up and actually scored to prevent us from being blown out. Mobley didn't get ENOUGH shots. NEITHER DID YAO. They have to find new ways to get it to Yao. And Yao has to adjust better and find open people and not panick. He was not looking very pretty today.

10. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

triple,quadruple Yao? what's the hell with the left 4 Rox players?

11. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

You know what's sad. When you have Rasho Nesterovic fronting Yao, what's the obvious solution?

LOB PASS

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Steve had six times the assists that Cuttino had...

13. Franchise3384

Franchise3384 Member

We should package Mobley, Mo Taylor, and Cato for Juwon Howard and scraps. We would have a legit PF for this season, we could start Posey at 2. Then after the season ends let Juwon go, and make some noise in the offseason.

2002-2003
    Francis
    Posey
    Griffin
    Howard
    Yao

bench
    Moochie
    Rice
    T Morris
    Bokie
    and whoever else

Then we have a chance for this lineup next season
    Francis
    Posey
    Griff
    Duncan?
    Yao

bench-
    WHO CARES!:eek:

14. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Then good old Kevin Garnett and one of his buddies come over.

I wish they could have found a way to get Yao involved.

But Yao was VERY SLOW. He really needs to rest...he needs Cato. Yao was extremely tired....I hope he can OWN THE CAVS AND BIG Z.

15. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

Yao maybe is slow, but Rox passing is even slower.

16. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

HMM...........are you kidding?

Trade away Mo Taylor and Kelvin Cato?????? YAO WILL FAINT. And GRIFFIN WILL BREAK HIS NECK....and we'll be left with Terence Morris and Juwan Howard...

Well.......it's possible.

But add Mobley with it too?

NO WAY. Then we would be very unmanned.

17. montelwilliams

If Griffen made his shots, then the Rox would have won. Don't blame Cat.

18. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this the line for Cat "hatas"? Of course, he seems like a nice guy off the court and all, but on it... geez.

Cat for tube socks.

19. Cato=Bum

Cato=Bum Member

This post is the best in the history of the BBS.

"Addition by Subtraction" is the key phrase which applies so well to Cuttino Mobley.

Take away Mobley, put him on IR, or trade him for any player in the NBA, and the Rockets are simply a better basketball team.

Mobley is a cancer. His ballhogging and shot selection are unreal. He has the gall to waive off Yao with great post position vs. a guy a foot shorter than him so he can heave an off balance ISO Brick and then whine to the refs.

He's the worst player in the history of this franchise and defines the word cancer. This team will never go anywhere with this scrub on it.

20. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Fine. Montel...surrender.

Let's hope he gets injured.

Watch our record............GO DOWN. Be worse than it already is.