1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Thread should be locked.

2. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

just a few games, please be patient.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Great thread, no star ever missed a potential gamewinner, Lin is the only one in history.

4. JerryH

JerryH Member

Jeremy is a great player who needs some time to adjust to his role...
    "I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career, I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over in my life. And that's why I succeed!" - Michael Jordan

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I guess some posters really feel that we are that
    close to being a Championship caliber team that we
    should have won this game

There is something to be said about "Experience" or
    the lack thereof.
    Yes Lin chocked no doubt about it
    and I'm pretty sure he or some one esle on this team
    will choke again in the future. I wonder if we would be
    hearing so much hate if it was Parsons who threw that
    airball? Probably not!...

Whether you like or dislike Lin it really doesn't matter,
    he merley signed a fat contract that was offered to him
    by the dynamic duo of Alexander/Morey. If there is a joke
    to be told it should start with the people who brought
    him here in the first place!

(P.S.)
    Living in the past (Lowery/Dragic) solves nothing!
    Both are probably better than Lin but neither plays
    for the Rockets any more....Get over it!!!

6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

At least Lin has a new nickname:

Air Lin or Air Jeremy

1 person likes this.
  7. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

yeah, Lin is the only one who shoots air ball in the nba history. No one shoots air ball but Lin. Happy now, hater?

8. DDuana

DDuana Member

Clutch"fans" is a joke. The "fans" here are malicious, immature, and knee jerk to the point of r****dation. After one game where we lost to the world champions by a mere 3 points, these "fans" are nothing but beyond disrespectful and stupid towards Lin. Jeremy Lin deserves better than these idiots. Just trade him to the Lakers already. At least over there he will play for a coach that will let him play his kind of ball, and where he will actually learn from one of the best PGs in the league.

With "fans" like these,( the City of) Houston deserves to be the bottom feeders of the NBA.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Besides the air ball is stats were 0's across the board on every statistical figure until the mid second quarter. Maybe I should get skinned bleached like Michael Jackson and go start hoopin maybe I can fool the rockets into thinking I'm great lmao!

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Sigh...36 pages and counting devoted to the only airball ever shot in the nba. This fanbase kills me sometimes

11. VanityHalfBlack

Oh boohoohoo, Lin airballed a wide open shot, spare me the disappointment CF... Bunch of little girls whining and crying foul after every lost, freaking pathetic.. I'm really getting tired of these lowry/gogi nut guzzlers too, please do us all a favor and get hit by car....

12. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Lebron only had 6 points in the first half. I guess it's safe to say he's a scrub by your logic.

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Arrived late to the party...but I agree!:(

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Lol. I'm not one for wishing people get hit by cars but it would be nice if i didn't have to see grogi or lowry brought up in nearly every single lin thread.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Lin may be an inconsistent scorer, but didn't we already kind of know that? Even with his struggles in terms of shooting, he still has an above average PER through 7 games. It will take time for him to figure out his role here. He's not going to have free reign like he's Steve Nash with this team, but he can still be a solid if not spectacular starting PG.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

His PER is 14.57. The PER of an average player is set to be 15. He is ranked 34.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not a Lin hater, but that had to embarrassing. Wide open. Chance to win the game. Perfect play call.

Air ball.

I was speechless when I watched it. The Rockets announcers seemed like they were struggling to explain it. Bull tried to give him some slack, and Drexler just laid it out there that Lin blew it.

11.9 ppg 6.4 apg 37% FG 30% 3PT

And only 3 FT attempts per game. That's... not good. 2.4 SPG is very good though. So that's somethin', right?

Not having CSN-Houston hurts less when this is the kind of production we get out of Lin, so maybe I should be thankful.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

OK. On basketball-reference, they have him with a 15.9 PER. Maybe ESPN is filtering out the low-minute players when calculating league average rating.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How in the world did this thread gain 36 pages in just 10 hours?? Oh yeah, cause its about Jeremy Lin.

Few things to note

- If Lowry was still on this team, there would be no James Harden. Fact.

-If Dragic was resigned, they would be better short term, but Dragic's contract makes him virtually unmoveable. Lin's contract makes him moveable most likely at the trade deadline next year if not sooner.

-After they let Dragic walk, they needed a PG. Lin wasn't viewed as a finished product, but at that point, they needed something for the fans to get excited about. Signing Lin made sense at the time given where the team was at. They were going to stink for at least two seasons.

The James Harden trade changed everything. Now Jeremy Lin has been put into a situation where the pressure is on Lin, and I can tell that he's feeling it.

I do think Lin can be a quality PG in this league if he simply just learns how to take care of the basketball, and is able to hit the open shot. Nobody needs him to be Linsanity.

Im totally confident that he can improve his shot, and be a more than adequate shooter, but the turnovers are what scares me to death. That's the area where he just simply has to improve over the next 2 months or else I will fully support Morey in the attempt to trade him if there is a deal available. For now, he has my support and I still do support the decison to sign him.

20. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

Making a thread about this because of one bad shot a guy shoots is the epitome of an overreaction. Make these threads come march/april if you are going to make them, not less than 10 games in the season after a missed shot.