1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PatPat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wfeebs, Nov 8, 2012.

1. jocar

jocar Member

Parsons is in the slump. Looks like PPat's upped his game a bit. I just wish he isn't our 3pt go to man. DMo, maybe.

2. ptR91

ptR91 Member

package him to somewhere and play Jones and D.Mo

3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Good role player.

I see him as one of our smartest players and a very solid defender but his offense is inconsistent and he doesn't seem to really go after rebounds. I'd call him a bigger Chuck Hayes with a little bit more offense but less stable at defending the post. I like him as a starter but against athletic teams that have someone to crash the boards, I honestly wouldn't give him THAT many minutes.

Frankly, I feel that Morey is likely to trade him in the next few years because if either Motiejunas, Jones or White develop into their potential and Asik maintains his defensive class he does become expendable.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Trade him for Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington, at least then we will have the pieces in place to land that superstar big that we need.

5. Jman713

Jman713 Member

wait a couple of month untill Jones takes his spot.

6. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Man I remember back in 94, Dream would post up and draw the double team, kick it out to Otis Thorpe for the three pointer! Good times, good times....

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

jones and dmo will make him redundant and expendable

8. kinein

kinein Member

I think he needs to be more emotional out there - it seems like he's keeping his emotions under control.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Trade bait.

10. nono

nono Member

Doctor Phil is here.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I don't think that is the same Otis I know, but regardless PPat IMO is a trade bait. Not because he isn't improving, or isn't a quality player, but Morey believes in his mind, Rockets need an All-Star caliber player. The last 2 games showed, we are missing a ref-loving power forward, who can relieve pressure from our starting guards. Unless PPat does something amazing, I don't see him past this summer.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Horace Grant. I've never been more sure of it than now.

13. SupermoochieFro

Udonis Haslem without the rebounding. Never been a huge fan. He can be solid but there's no high ceiling there at all. Nice role player on a veteran team who competes. This is not that team.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's hard to say. Unless he makes a huge advancement on his play, he's best fit as the backup 4/5 position. I know people scoff at him playing center, but the Rockets got away with Scola playing center during Yao's days. It's not a big deal.

IMO, he, Jones, White, and DMo bring such different skillsets. His upside look like a Horace Grant type. Jones is more of an athletic freak who can do many things. DMo is the traditional post-up 7 footer. White is... I have no idea what White is until he can at least shoot worth a damn. But Patterson does look like a perfect trade bait in a year. He's coming up towards FA. Unless he really develops, or our rookies suck, may be best to trade him at the end of the season.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Nice guy in person, but there are better players than him on the bench.

16. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Every time PatPat shoots the ball I close my eyes and hope for the best.

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

career backup... unless we can get a second rd pick for him...

1 person likes this.
  18. nono

nono Member

He is surely not our long term solution for the PF position. I can only imagine he's being played in order to drive up his value. Right now it is so low that it will only go up even if he plays average.

19. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I have seen him only few times on highlights, so I may be wrong, but he doesn't strike me as someone with big interior presence. When he gets the ball out of PnR from Lin or Harden, I see a thought bubble with "Hmm, will I make this shot? I hope so! Look at all those defenders closing in on me, I can't get through them, I'm not that physical!!".

Do you have a feeling he doesn't go at rim as strong as he should? I certainly do. He doesn't strike me as a PF who gets the ball and you are sure he will do something good with it, either score, draw a foul or pass. When he gets the ball, I'm a bit scared.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I personally like the guy, but his rebounding is horrid & his post game is turrible. His strengths are his athleticism and mid range game, unfortunately he hasn't been using his athleticism much of late.