1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin after the Nuggets game (still has a bloody nose)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2012.

1. zdrav

zdrav Member

No he didn't. Both were out when Linsanity began. Stoudemire did come back later though, and he did pretty well with Lin.

Melo, with his style of play, cancelled out Lin though.

Linsanity took off because Lin ignited guys like Novak and Fields and Jeffries.

2. King Boo

King Boo Member

Parsons, Aldrich and someone from our stable of power forwards could be that kind of guy.

3. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

2nd. I think it was tipped.

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Wow I just watched the nba version of this interview and I did not see the blood stain on his nose like this video. It seems that whenever Lin has something weird on his face, nobody ever tells him. Like when he was with the Knicks and his band-aid was flapping around under his chin.

5. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

We can focus on his injury as one factor to his disappointing play. But, I also want to highlight a point that often gets overlooked--the absence of a big man that defenses have to account for in the P&R. To the casual fan, Tyson Chandler is an offensive liability. To someone w/ bball knowledge, Tyson Chandler is an above average offensive player, not in terms of his shooting ability or post moves, but his effectiveness in drawing defenders away from the ball handler and catching balls thrown high or thrown low and finishing in traffic. As much as I love Omer's tenacity, he has limited athleticism and frying pans for hands. He sets great screens, borderline illegal if you ask me, but defenses don't respect him, allowing them to double. It's beginning to hurt James Harden, and it really hurts a lesser skilled player like Jeremy.

1 person likes this.
  6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Adding onto that. Opposing teams are just packing the paint. THey put there best defensive player on James & pack the paint which takes away Lin's driving ability. He had 1 FTA today & that was after he had to bleed to get some love from the refs. That says it all.

7. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Lin is consummate professional, a true warrior and I hope he retires as a Rocket.

1 person likes this.
  8. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

the play where Lin got picked then Parsons did not do the elementary play of stepping forward and forcing the PG to go wide...

I saw Mchale come out to talk with Lin

Lin gets mad... probably pointed out he was picked

and then the very next play he attacks the basket blows by the defense and scores...

I dont recall one PNR play that was done for Lin... can anyone else remember one?

or even more than just a few for Harden?

this deferbot Lin is not the Linsanity that we saw last year...

I understand what the Rox are trying to do with Lin.... but none of it plays to Lins strengths a shoot first PG, whose bread and butter is PNR and attacking the basket...

9. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

I dont understand why they were dumping the ball into Asik... a defensive Center

instead of using him in the high pick and roll

I thought the type of game that was played here

and the type of game Harden and Lin excel at

10. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

duluth111222 how exactly are you able to breathe under so much bull feces?
    The person you just described is Toney Douglas, not Jeremy.

Jeremy is a hard worker, it doesnt surprise me to hear he went to practice his 3 pointers right after the game. At the end of the game we again got to see Linsanity emerging, the "I don't give a f***, Im taking over" attitude like we saw against Portland (from James too!). It's clear the team is thinking too much about whatever McHell is telling them (perhaps..dont you dare step inside the 3 point line!!:mad:), it's only when they start getting frustrated and desperate that James and Jeremy don't give a damn and get to work doing what they know they're best at and it works..for the whole team. Just let them play :mad:

1 person likes this.
  11. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I don't think you let them "just play". But rather you install a game plan that plays to your two best players strengths. I am not sure if McHale is doing this...but he looked quite frustrated during his interview.

12. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Yeah, that's not going to work. You can't expect him to stand in the corner for the entire first half, and take only one shot and then to start burying open looks. Lin just isn't that type of player. He isn't a coming off the bench, spot up shooter. If you want him top be that guy, you will never get it.

Lin can shoot decently outside and quite well on the mid-range, but he has to be in full flow and be in rhythem for those to start falling. Making him stand around and then expect him to spot up for shots is just bad basketball, it's not his game and never will be.

It's like telling Harden he should go play in the low post all the time. See how well that works out.

The coaches need to let him play his game, only then can you judge where his game actually is, and frankly, I don't think he is that far from Linsanity levels, if he were given complete free reign and just told to go for it. But that's not going to happen cause McHale wants to do everything through the new superstar Harden rather than trusting the PG to make the plays and create looks for everyone, including harden. Maybe once the Rocket's lose enough games McHale will grow some common sense, or not. Meanwhile all the haters can keep on hating etc. Ultimately Lin will prove them wrong and he has a 3 year contract now, so there's no rush. Once he is allowed to play his confidence will return and so will his shot.

But just think, if you are the PG on the team and you are being told to touch the ball less and less and go stand in the corner, what does that tell you about your coaching staff's faith in you? How would that effect your confidence?

Lin's faced this problem his entire career, people have no faith in him, no matter how many times he shows what he can do.

13. kinein

kinein Member

and ISO shots. Just creating that window and measuring his opponent and daggering kids from long distance! Lin can hit the 3, its just not natural for him to stand around and watch. Its not fun either to watch -_-

A lot of people have said jeremy isn't confident or doesn't appear confident or seems to have this stamp in his mind to give the ball away or give it to harden and run to a corner.

When there was a fast break I vividly recall at the start of the transition - Lin threw it back to Harden. Whom promptly threw it back at Lin who was still moving toward half-court on the fast-break/transition.

Whatever it is - it was not too long ago Lin was hitting a bunch of these shots during preseason. I hope he gets out of this funk soon.

NEXT!!!! The great ones move on to the next game.

14. kinein

kinein Member

For those thinking .. wthell is Lucky saying? I bring you the article! Straight from Parson's mouth!

Parsons laments missed chances
    Long after the Rockets’ loss, Chandler Parsons and Jeremy Lin were on the Toyota Center practice court working on their shots. Mostly, however, they might have been working off frustration.

“I’m just frustrated, man,” Parsons said. “I could be playing so much better. Missing the shot is the last of my worries. People are going to miss and make shots. It would have been a big shot that would have helped our team. But little things. I’m turning the ball over too much, having (Danilo) Gallinari just tip the ball over me is just effort. That’s usually what I do to people. It’s frustrating to allow that to happen.

“We got to be a team that’s going to win games even when we miss shots. We got to move the ball. We got to cut hard. We have to run in transition. We got to get back in transition. We have to rebound, dive on the floor. We have to do all the scrappy things.”

Source: http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/11/chandler-parsons-shows-frustration/#8214-9

15. kinein

kinein Member

Will to win.

Some call it clutch, some call it being a ruthless assassin..

Its often referred to as the "who would you want to take the last shot"

Or "who is your #1 option"

Will to win.

Someone on these forums said - oh they hustle so much because they suck. they can't shoot so they hustle.

They are dead wrong and need to go compete in some sports or in a cut-throat industry as a professional.

Will to win.

I saw it today~

oh in bits and pieces but it was there ~
    [​IMG]

Expected it most from the guys that had their payday recently. and I'm hearing it in the words and actions of guys like Parsons - having shooting practice long after the Denver game at the Toyota center.

That is special.

They just have to unravel the line thats been tangled up - and cast that reel back into the water. Everythings going to be smooth sailing once thats done!

[​IMG]

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

what is that post

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

But wasn't Lin balling the most without Anthony and Amare who were hurt at that time?

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yes but the issue is that teams no know he can score now. Therefore they are packing the paint & putting there best defender on Harden. Once that happens this team will always lose. This team is very easy to defend. But honestly what did you expect from the youngest team in the NBA. Take your lumps.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

ATTACK THE BASKET. His talent comes from getting in the lane and looking to finish strong. If its an issue with his knee so be it, but linsanity was brought about by him being relentless to the basket, defence collapsing and him finding the open man accordingly.

20. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Since they are packing the paint, Houston is making a lot of 3pt attempts. Unfortunately , not enough of them are falling even though Parsons and especially Delfino are quite good at them...Patterson occasionaly hits a three too.

That's why McHale should play T.Jones and D.Mo; we'd have more scoring options.