1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

the bulls are looking to trade Richard Hamilton. Would we pick him up to back up harden or no

2. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

That guy is older than Delfino but has more upsides than him.

3. trowa

trowa Member

next thing we know, rockets got cousins

4. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Posted this in 2012-2013 Cap thread.

I have another question, not sure if Bima is the one or someone else can answer, but here goes. And all numbers are Bima's and Storytellerscontracts.com.

Say we trade in season for Josh Smith, not sure his experience, for Patterson, Morris, and Jones, then if leagal, guarantee the first we owe them, plus NYKs 2 2nds we got.

I did the math in an excel sheet, and it seems if we did that, and gave Smith Max like Harden, we would actually have cap room for 2013-2014, of course we would neeed renounce Aldrich, Cook and Douglas in order, plus we could keep Delfino.

Then we would have a Starting 5 of

C- O.Asik
    PF- J.Smith
    SF- C.Parsons
    SG- J.Harden
    PG- J.Lin

Six Man- C.Delfino
    R.White
    Motiejunas
    G.Smith
    Machado

I just get these ideas of trades in my head to better our team. It would see we would have cap room in 2014-2015, not Max, but good money to sign some guys.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I would absolutely LOVE to get Wilson Chandler, but I just don't think Morey will be willing to sacrifice his cap room in order to get him. I think the Nuggets will actually think about trading him now that Iguodala is there.

How about Cok + Patterson + Delfino for Chandler.

6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Magic C/F Glen Davis
    $6,400,000 salary
    fa in 2015/16

having a strong start to the season in 2 games
    9.0 rebs 25.5 ppg 46.8 FG% 2.5 ast 0.5 TO 1.0 STL 1.0 BLK

Magic current cap $75,138,462

If Davis continues to play well, What would it take to get him?

7. drich

drich Member

Key here is not to get impatient. Will Josh Smith make the Rockets Contenders? Why not wait and see how the D Howard experiment works out in LA? Everyone in LA is old and Harden may make it easier to attract a free agent in the summer. Hopefully Morey makes a way to get 2 NICE free agents this summer to play with Harden.

8. KKevin

KKevin New Member

How about this: P Patterson+Royce White+2013 1st round pick for J Smith?
    We have J Smith without losing Morris. I believe Morris is gonna replace Parsons......
    Parsons can be a very good Sixth man. Plus. We have enough room to sign in another player(probably not a star, but still can be a good player)
    Anyway! It is hard for us to give RW up!

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

A top 5 draft pick in next years draft for starters. No way Morey trades for a guy with that kind of salary due to him, at his age, with his limited upside, and not get back a franchise altering asset in return.

As bad as the Magic are now, and are going to be moving forward, its amazing how many terrible contracts they have on their books post Dwight Howard. What a horrible job Hennigan did in moving Dwight. That is unless his plan all along was to keep role players around, tank for a year, and draft a stud they can throw in the mix next season.

Even then, lets say they end up like the Wizards striking out on getting that Anthony Davis type of player for years and years... what happens after they dont pull a Spurs/Duncan type of franchise turnaround draft pick?

10. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I wasn't the one who thought of this (I think it was Bima or jopa), but picking him up along with a protected draft pick would be a win-win. No clue who goes to Chicago, but we'd restock some of our lost picks (even without Rose it'll probably end up around 16-18 spot) & have a second solid vet coming off the bench.

11. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Man I was just thinking about Wilson Chandler! We share the same brain!

Guy is an excellent wing defender and shot blocker. He has a ton of versatility and can play as a stretch 4, a 3, or a 2 as the situation demands.

And not only that, but the Nuggets have a huge logjam at their frontcourt now. George Karl has found it challenging to get their F/Cs and 3/4s the minutes they need. Faried, McGee, Mozgov, Koufos (as Chuck once said "NO DISRESPECT TO MR. COUSCOUS"), Gallo, and now you add Iggy to all that. It's a mess. I guess you could call it "depth" but they have two many good pieces to play them just 10-15 minutes a night.

They might look for some backcourt pieces / picks in exchange. He'd be a very wise acquisition and already comes locked in at 6-7 million per.

12. Arthurprescott2

If only we had backcourt pieces or picks to offer... we're in a similar situation with a frontcourt logjam so I don't know how we would reach a deal w/ just Denver. Might have to work a 3 team trade.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Add Al Jefferson or Millsap and get Wilson Chandler all at the trade deadline and this team would make some noise in the playoffs. Not necessarily high on those Jazz bigs but they're the ones who will be available at the deadline.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Why not trade for Al Horford? Naturally Atlanta wouldn't want to part with him, but we need more defense anyway, preferably a 4/5.

I've been on the trade checker sites. You'd have to take on one or two of Atlanta's lesser contracts to make it work. ESPN's site doesn't list us with the $7.5-ish million in cap space we have. So it's a challenge to make it work. However....

Horford makes 12 million. Send them a combination of:

Ppat + Cole 2nd-String Center + Tjones (I'd prefer sending Royce, but that offer won't, for obvious reasons, uh, "fly" [ahem])

for

Horford + our 1st round draft pick returned to us + cap crap player(s)

You can move around the chess pieces to make it "fair".

Why would Atlanta even bite?

Don't know if they would. But if they could get another 6 million off the books for next summer, keep in mind that Chris Paul and Dwight Howard were still talking about playing together....and I don't mean the Olympics.

Would Dwight sign long-term with the Hawks if he had buddies Chris Paul and (re-signed) JSmoove there with him?

Would it be worth it to us to decimate the Lakers and Clippers in one fell swoop?

15. sydmill

sydmill Member

I like the idea of Horford and the accompanying screwing of both LA teams. Makes sense to me if they were confident that they could get CP and DH's signatuer on a contract. A deal I have been kicking around in my head the last day or two that could be pulled off closer to the deadline after we have auditioned Morris and Patterson for the league a little bit more (and given Jones and DMo a chance to crack the lineup and White some D league burn to see what we have there):

Morris and Patterson to Cle for Daniel Gibson, Omri Casspi and the Magic's second round pick.

Why the Cavs do it: Gibson isnt in their long term plans, Morris and Patterson are closer to Irving in age and, along with Tristan Thompson, would give them complimentary bigs to Irving and Waiters. Casspi isnt getting any PT up there and, though young, doesnt seem to be in their plans moving forward either.

Why the rockets do it: Gibson in a native houstonian and a guy with experience (though 26) who we could use as a socrer off the bench behind Lin. My thought is that by the midpoint of the season and after some d league run White would be the primary ballhandler int he half court sets for the second unit (a la Anthony Mason). This would allow both Gibson and Casspi to play the role of spot up shooter. The icing on top is the pick which should be the first or secondin round two (meaning no real gamble as no guaranteed money unless we like our option.).

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

The one guy I would absolutely trade for is the guy we already let go: Courtney Lee. Seems crazy at first glance but if you think about it he's the perfect fit for us: someone who can do a little bit of everything. If we had him in the lineup you could play him 10 mins at 1-3 as a super sub, and suffer very little in performance over Harden, Lin and Parsons.

Houston trades:
    White (main piece), Morris (prospect), Delfino (stop gap sg to replace Lee), 2nd round pick

I'm really ok with letting White go to get the "win now" guy in Lee, and I think the Celts are really high on him as well. Plus, by doing this trade we clear roster space, probably enough to sign back Livingston (backup pg), and Lazard Hayward (3rd string SF).

17. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Patterson/Morris, Parsons, NY 2 2nd rd picks for a run at Paul George!
    Will even free up time for McHale to play one of our 3 rookies.

18. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

THIS! This would probably only be the core of the trade as we would need a third team to take interest. Picks would also be necessary.

Chandler would take over the 4 in the starting lineup until Jones or Morris takes over (Parsons would move to 6th man) Our lineup would be athletic big and best of all young.

I don't know if we could then trim enough to get another max but possibly Jsmoove, Al Jefferson. Or we could get an up and coming PF which I would like to see... like Millsap or Hickson (just throwing out names) A backup pg acquisition is also necessary. A nice roster could be...

Lin
    Harden
    Chandler
    Jsmoove/Al Jefferson/Millsap/Hickson
    Asik

Parsons
    Calderon/DHarris/DJ Augustin
    Jones
    Morris
    Aldrich(?)
    White(?)
    Smith (?)

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Over/under before Kevin Pritchard hangs up: 1.5 seconds

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Guys like Al Horford don't get traded to clear cap space, unless and until CP3/Howard becomes a very real thing for Atlanta.
    Even then, one has to think they'd prefer to let their worse and probably more pricey power forward - Josh Smith - go.