1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Highlights vs Blazers 11/3/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by geraldd39, Nov 3, 2012.

1. prs325

prs325 Member

Everybody was blowing layups lately

2. slickster

slickster Member

Especially Asik.

3. nono

nono Member

What I don't understand is Lillard looks three inches shorter than Lin. Why wasn't Lin shooting more?

4. maizer

maizer Member

Still kinda finding his jumper

5. novaman

novaman Member

Thanks!!

How are you getting an HD feed? I have League Pass through Verizon and my LP feeds are all standard def.

6. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

So did Lin, crunch time and he made a questionable lob to Parson.

7. torocan

torocan Member

Questionable lob to Parson for sure.

If it had been to Chandler or STAT, or even a player like JR Smith, it's actually a very high percentage play for him. He's very good at threading the needle on lobs.... very rarely misses. Just like his cross court passes... many of the passes he makes are amazingly accurate.

I think that might be reverting to habit when he was tired vs adjusting for his current team mates.

In his post-game interview, he said he didn't like that last play he made and criticized his decision to go for the lob. He just wanted to forget it and learn from it.

8. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

He was lackadasical against Lillard late in the game and gave up a couple of easy looks to him. And that oddball alley oop pass prior to the last possession may have cost us a chance at a game.

But I'll give dude a benefit of a doubt for having to play so minutes the last 3 games while still not 100% , along with Harden. Still expect him to get more and more to normal and be more of a threat

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Torocan is right on that. This is something he has to learn. Tyson Chandler is a lot more athletic than Omer & Cole. That lob pass was dumb in relation to his current teammate. If it was Tyson you could throw the ball anywhere & he would get it & toss it down with authority. That decision was on Lin & it was dumb. He has to learn his teammates tendencies as the PG.

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Thats why I've said before that as smart as he is perceived by the peeps (racist much? ;) ) , he makes some dumb dumb decisions

11. whitedog324

whitedog324 Member

He finished all the layups in the paint this game, what's your point?

12. whitedog324

whitedog324 Member

Exactly, there's no need to let James Harden handle all the offense in the fourth quarter, let Lin be the facilitator. But I'm not the coach, so...

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

ease up..there's no man on this planet who makes not some dumb dumb decisions on a daily basis...

as for myself I applause Lin for that lob pass...you can not stiff your spirit and creativity by playing 100% safe all the time....has he not been ready to risk never would he be able to pass those beauuutiful backdoor cuts we see him making each night...

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah it was silly needs to learn his teammates tendencies. I remember a Nash vs Paul game when Nash was with the SUns. He had three consecutive dumb decisions that lost his team the game. One of which involved passing to nobody & the other of which involved dribbling the ball of his foot. Just recently David Lee grabbed an offensive rebound after a Memphis player missed a FT & Lee just gave the ball back to the referee for no apparent reason. Like the ball was in play & Lee just had the biggest brain fart ever.

I don't know why people say he is a smart player (maybe it is his race or the harvard thing) although I do think he is very smart & knows the game well. If you are the best PG in the NBA at setting your teammate up for high % shots then that signifies being a smart player. He makes some questionable decisions though that really drive back the message that he is an unfinished product.

15. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Tyson Chandler has a ring, Omer is a first-time starter. Lin himself is on less than 30 starts, so it's something he needs to think about.

It just shows Lin's inexperience, that's all. I think he does have high bbiq, he's just raw.

16. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

A bit of an exaggeration. It was a dumb play, but he doesn't make a lot of them for the most part.

17. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

it wasn't a dumb play...it was simply a play that didn't worked out well...cause he made several similarly risky plays that night that worked out quite well resulting in lots of points for Rockets...

however, some people, not being quite in touch how things work on Earth imagine Big stars never make mistakes...expect everybody to make dumb mistakes - it will make your experience of being a fan more enjoyable....

18. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

It's a tough loss with positive spot. Lin was making those crisscross layups/floaters, which was his signature play during his Knicks days.

19. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I guess I would say it was a risky play in that situation.

20. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

He was finishing a lot better.