1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/3/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2012.

1. shoops

shoops Member

When the rox were up by 3 after Lin's and 1, they really should've just played solid man to man D instead of going for help D. Should've let LMA post up pat instead of giving the 3 dagger up when Harden came to help. The lack of set plays in the last 2 possessions was also awful. Definitely a coaching fail... a lot of blame should be on the coach, he has to reign his players in at times like these. It was painfully clear that our starters were too tired to play in OT, should've ended in regulation.

Delfino was also trash today...streaky shooter indeed. Though I guess the whole team shot the 3 poorly.

Oh well, it was disappointing as the game was very winnable, and we showed stretched of brilliance but inexperience and poor coaching showed, but overall it's not a huge deal losing this one.

2. slickster

slickster Member

Lest we forget, Harden had a chance to ice the game with the last possession.

3. adamzee

adamzee Member

can't wait for jones! no more missed layups!

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Is it just me or i see Morey acquiring Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap this season leading into the trade deadline?

5. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

The only thing that matters for you guys is that the game was right there... one bad lob pass and not being able to get a shot off or get to the line at the end of regulation is what cost the Rockets the game. In OT after playing 40 minutes last night and jumping on a plane they had no chance...

6. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Harden finally plays against good defenders and they made him change his shot all game. Harden needs to know his limitations. Lin was getting to the rim with good ease, and McHale should of had the ball in Lin's hands more often. Hopefully, McHales sees his errors and makes the right adjustments.

7. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Delfino used up all his luck in the first game

8. CertifiedTroll

Has Mchale ever played basketball?!?!

Where was Terrence Jones?!?!?!?!

9. King Boo

King Boo Member

Good advice. I still despise the referees this game though.

Call travel on what should've been a Lin And-1
    No calls on Harden being pushed out of bounds or when the guy blatantly hit him on the hands

10. slickster

slickster Member

Morey is a lot more ambitious than that: K LOve, LMA or Doo White.

11. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I dont think I have seen Gasol shoot a 3, but who cares...

You don't need to shoot a 3 to space the floor. Patterson when he was most effective offensively was shooting mid range jumpers. If he steps out and takes a 15-18 foot shot, receiving a pass from one of the said penetrating guards he would be much more effective...not shooting threes. Never done it before and never will!

12. King Boo

King Boo Member

Then he got blatantly fouled with no call.

13. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

we were stolen by the refs...

and our starters were too tired at 4 quarter

and the game came to overtime...no legs

14. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Look at the bright side. Rockets would have won by mile if Rockets have made the layups. This game is there for our taking. The opposition did not win, we lose.

15. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

How could anyone be mad with 2-1 in the first 3 with two on the road?

16. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Don't bother, we know why he is here.

17. nbafever

nbafever Member

PPat should be the one to set the screen for the guards because he can roll to the basket or pop for the midrange. Asik is definitely challenged offensively.

Don't know why the coaches haven't figured it out already.

18. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I think he needs to learn the balance especially when Harden does not have it, so need to run plays for himself and others. However, I think it's the coach who is the one telling everyone to defer to Harden.

19. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Cause most people on Clutchfans are idiots.

I think it's a great learning experience for a young team to fight hard and endure overtime on a B2B.

20. King Boo

King Boo Member

Rockets staff must disagree with you then, it's not a coincidence that PPat is all of a sudden shooting 3's this season.