1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/3/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2012.

1. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Double irony here.

2. Allegro

Allegro Member

Actually, Portland has had a tougher time: 3 games in 4 nights and back-to-back, just like the Rockets. And on top of this they were playing tougher teams: the Lakers and the Thunder.

Their starters were better than ours overall, especially Aldridge and Batum, and that was why they won. We had absolutely no answer for LMA, so we were forced to run Lin into the ground: before he collapsed, he was doing a fair job defending Lillard AND helping on Aldridge. Lillard didn't go off until near the end of regulation and in overtime. That was the major difference in the game.

3. adamzee

adamzee Member

penetrating not found. the fact you won't even admit lillard was dumping it off to L.A. for long range jumpshots all night is telling.

4. torocan

torocan Member

Seriously? This is just about the silliest complaint I've seen.

Here's some FACTS...

James Harden - $16M, 24 points, 8/24, 5 assists, 6 rebounds, 5 TO's
    Jeremy Lin - $8.37M, 13 points, 5/13, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 TO's
    Omer Asik - $8.37M, 4 points, 2/7, 1 assist, 15 rebounds, 2 blocks, 4 TO's
    Patterson - 12 points, 6-16, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 TO
    Parsons - 9 points, 4-10, 12 rebounds, 1 steal, 3 TO

Aldrich - 6 points, 3-5, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 TO
    Toney Douglas - 2 points, 1-6, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 4 steals
    Carlos Delfino - 2 points, 1-7, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
    Marcus Morris - 13 points, 4-8, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 1 TO

Lin shot the 2nd best FG%, tied for the 2nd highest points, tied for the 2nd highest rebounds, tied for the 2nd lowest TO's of the starters, had the highest assists, and tied for the 2nd highest steals.

His assist to TO rate was over 2.

Lin shot a little over 38%.
    Harden shot 33.3%.

The rest of the starters shot 12/33, or 36.3%.
    The Bench shot 9/26, or 34.6%.
    The Bench excluding Morris shot 5/18, or 27.7%

And you're REALLY going to put this at the feet of Lin? SERIOUSLY? His game wasn't great, but it wasn't anywhere near bad either.

There's alot of blame to go around in tonight's game, but Lin's performance was the LEAST of the problems for this team.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

All i said was lillard had a solid game and all the LOF's are going nuts. ...The quality of this board has been degrated because of these lof nazis.

6. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Yes.. He was doing that all throughout the first three game. Why kinda strategy is that? Can someone explain it to me?

7. mirus

mirus Member

What's their average playing time during those games?sub patterns?

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

check again

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

What a dick head. There were atleast 4 plays where he penetd where he gave it off to the white center and twice to Hickson and Aldridge. Honestly go watch the game again. You bandwagoner fake ass fan. were you a hardcore knicks fan?

10. adamzee

adamzee Member

lin will always have plenty of fans. i don't have a problem with them. i do have a problem with liars, however. you fit that bill.

11. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

we were stolen by the refs...

and our starters were too tired at 4 quarter

and the game came to overtime...no legs

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Who won the game? lin or a rookie who torched lins gambling defense?. Lin was getting torched in the last few minutes. you gonna deny that as well?

13. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I'm not going to flip out like I know many will be doing on here.

Few things:
    - I guess we really should call a TO at the end of the game, but I think McHale didn't want to risk not being able to get Harden the ball.

- Patterson should not shoot a 3 ever.

- I really would like to see T. Jones get some time, especially when it seemed PPat wasn't having the best game. But nevertheless I am not at practice so I don't know if they are ready to play or not.

Harden looked pretty tired and at times looked a little uninterested...but if he can look like that and put up 25 then I am a believer!

We had to lose one eventually! On to the next one

14. ParanoidAndroid

Which part of what I said is not true? Gil is actually a Knicks fan.

Calling people LOFs must make you feel so unique and special. Everybody else is blinded by the hype but you are too smart and rational for that. Calling other people bandwagoners is fashionable now. I get it.

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

All i can say is either you're blind or dumb. maybe both. Goaway to linmania. we dont need you're nazi type around here

16. nono

nono Member

Lillard never shot when Lin was in front of him. There was no need to go on that stupid help defense and leave him wide open. So frustrating.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Because lin fans cant take any criticism whatsoever.

18. adamzee

adamzee Member

you should watch your language, kid. you might break your monitor soon by the rate you're going.

for all your penetration claims, lillard sure wasn't much of an influence to the game score until the late 4th. chalk that up to lin and houston D until the 4th.

19. King Boo

King Boo Member

Playing with our starting lineup, Patterson definitely needs to be able to shoot the three in order to space the floor and open up driving lanes.

20. Champ06

Champ06 Member

I think Lin made defense mistake rather than being torched by a Rookie. Trying too much help defense and stealing.