1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Military endorsements - Romney 359, Obama 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gwayneco, Nov 3, 2012.

1. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Can blows up a certain thread by a certain guitar player.

Source

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Are people supposed to understand anything other than: you only care about what 364 people in the military think?

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

News flash: The military has always leaned(really hard) Republican for whatever reason.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OK, so if only the votes of retired admirals and generals counted, Republicans would always win. Wonders never cease.

Listen up you American voters - and don't piss off those folks on the list. You may well need them in the chaos that will inevitably flow from the perilous and completely unnecessary eventuality of Barack Hussain Obama being re-elected POTUS.
    Posted by: Frank P at November 3, 2012 9:51 AM

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Awesome source -- hearts and minds changing... senseofevents.blogspot

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

This says it all. Miltary men are not fat losers, and know how to think for themselves. They are true individualists. They have been on the battlfield. They know who their brothers are. Cause they know how to define the enemy and know who the real enemy of the Western Civilization is.

Thanks for sharing. This is important.

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

My family has fought in every major war since the Revolution except Iraq. I have an uncle who recently retired a 3-star in the Air Force. That said, this worship of the military by Repubs has got to stop. There are very good reasons the Founders put civilians in control of the military.

The power to declare war, raise an army and maintain a navy rests with Congress. The President is the Commander-in-Chief, regardless of whether Eisenhower or Clinton hold the office. Period.

Let's honor the military, let's support them, but let's not put the military on a pedestal... my uncle's endorsement should be worth no more than my neighbor's... and ardent Repub that he is, he would absolutely agree with that thought.

And let's face it, a lot of generals support Repubs because they expect to walk over to defense contractors and make a bunch of money on the money Repubs throw at DoD.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Older white men endorse Obama? The hell you say!

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

which led to : http://americandigest.org

which then led to: http://cryandhowl.com/

and finally, it leads to this: http://beforeitsnews.com/

1 person likes this.
  10. CometsWin

11. gwayneco

12. CometsWin

Ole military Mitt fighting the good fight in... France.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nLFJJt8GmG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Romney, though, said that he sometimes had wished he were in Vietnam instead of France. “There were surely times on my mission when I was having a particularly difficult time accomplishing very little when I would have longed for the chance to be serving in the military,” he said in an interview, “but that was not to be.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/15/us/politics/15romney.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

13. gwayneco

Yes, meanwhile, Obama spent 1990/91 in Desert Storm.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well at least Mitt will get to 270 in something! :)

15. CometsWin

Yeah, remember the draft we had for Desert Storm? And the 60,000 Americans that died fighting it? Me too.

16. fchowd0311

Ya except from personal experience service members are one of the least knowledgeable segment of the population when it comes it government and politics. Most of my buddies( I still love em) get their political knowledge from facebook posts and have no understanding of policy. There hate for Obama comes purely from an irrational standpoint such as "Did you see that ****** salute back wrong" and yes a lot of them are racist. Again this is my personal experience as a Marine grunt.

1 person likes this.
  17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

do you frequent alien and conspiracy wordpress blog sites for all your anti Obama information, or are you just on a roll today?

is it up to me to dispute your list or is it on you to provide an accurate source?

also, do you dispute that Obama has received almost double the amount of campaign contributions from military and Defense personnel?

18. fchowd0311

and they say really general statements like "Obama is destroying our freedoms" or "Obama is not American"... stuff like that.

19. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Romney is also DOMINATING the people who never served but fetishize cops and the military so much they watch the Military channel 18 hours a day and keep a police scanner on their dining room table.

20. gwayneco

hum, hum, hum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]