1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Lin Playing Time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nono, Nov 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. nono

nono Member

Harden had 44 minutes tonight and Lin 40. Tomorrow we have another game. I am afraid McHale will overrun them. We need a backup point guard to take some of the load off or they might get injured. Do you guys think my concerns are unfounded. Our bench is really terrible and I am afraid playing these two this much is going to be a regular pattern this season. Imagine how screwed we are if Harden gets injured.

2. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

at some moment of season McHale will put Royce White

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Star players log 40 minutes per game. This is the NBA. I am concerned about the fact that our bench stinks, but even if/when upgrades are made, Lin and Harden should be logging 38-40 minutes a night on average. These guys aren't vets who need to rest their legs, they're 24 and 23 years old.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Harden's style isn't like Blake Griffin's or even Derrick Rose'. I think he will be fine.

1 person likes this.
  5. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

Oh, if I weren't all zen, I'd tell u to shut the 'uck up and settle down. The dude is 23 and just signed a $80 Mil Dollar slip of paper. Do work, son!

6. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

i will be solo angry if these 2 get injured

7. vernonmaxwell86

Their minutes definitely need to be scaled back over time, kind of like Arian Fosters carries for the Texans

it will work itself out

8. MKL

MKL Member

Our bench need work, in time things will be better and starters will get more rest.

9. torocan

torocan Member

McHale's in a really tough position.

He doesn't want to burn them for 40+ a night, but with the bench STILL playing so poorly, if he doesn't put them in the Rockets lose both games. Harden and Lin combined for over 60% of the team's points, almost 25% of the rebounds, and 40% of the assists.

People knocked D'Antoni for burning Lin alot of minutes, but he literally had NOBODY to go to for back up PG. It reached the point that he had to have the SG playing backup point, and even then he couldn't do it for more than 5-8 minutes the entire game.

Just re-watch the first Dallas game. They literally could NOT sit Lin. And this year it's Harden/Lin for the Rockets.

If you're the coach, do you sit him or try to win?

Lin/Harden's only hope right now is that the bench gets their crap sorted so that they can get more rest.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

They both had slightly less than 40 minutes. I think you'll see both players averaging 38-40 min/game.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Terrence Jones needs to play. Plain and simple.

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

Can there bodies handle that? Listen Harden was never a starter last year. Will his body be able to handle this many minutes. We saw the same thing with Lin last year in NY & that is why he got injured. His body wasn't condition for sarters minutes because he was the 15th man. Dantoni put him in & played him way to many minutes (when his body wasn't conditioned for that much playing time & he got hurt. Our bench play is atrocious.

13. nono

nono Member

We were blowing the Hawks out but then we had to play Douglas for some time and that was when Atlanta started making a run. This happened in the last game two. Whenever Douglas plays our leads start to disappear. It was a bad mistake to keep Douglas on this team. He has yet to make a score a point in 10 shots.

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

Yeah, but Lin loves to throw himself into the fray of things in the paint, as well as take charges. He's gonna wear down.

15. slickster

slickster Member

I don't believe he is a guard.

16. sidestep

sidestep Member

Harden's 'old man' style of play seems great for conserving energy. He's selective about playing in his highest gear. I'm not worried about him playing huge minutes consecutively, but 82 games is a lot of wear and tear over time.

17. slickster

slickster Member

Lin and Harden absolutely should NOT be averaging 38+ mpg.

In fact, I was hoping Lin would gradually play himself back into shape with 32/33 mpg.

Is machado really that terrible? I don't see how he could be any worse than Douglas.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He would make the bench better. Doesn't have to be the guard. Jones is the real deal.

19. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Yes, MDA wore Lin down. I blame him for his knee injury. But then again Lin made his $$$ off Linsanity so who can complain?

I just wish Toney Douglas would leave the NBA. His play makes me die a little inside every time I see him. Just put him out of his misery.

Please Morey, get another PG.

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

they shouldn't play over 38-40 mins a night.

here's to hoping morey will refine the bench :(

for the last couple of years, seeing our bench produced makes me want to throw something at this bench.

when will you test the rookies mchale? a blowout? :confused::confused: