1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I really really really don't like Westbrook for a long long long time

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LBJ-Tmac, Nov 1, 2012.

1. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I honestly think this guy is Tyreke Evans with a slightly better jumpshot. I sincerely hate the way he plays basketball, which is even more evident when he goes up against such a team orientated basketball player in Parker and the Spurs.

He can score in volumes no doubt but also take volume shots. He is terrible at controlling the tempo (which Harden was much better at).

I believe this is extremely important especially for a team that already has a big time scorer. Although Durant does need to be more vocal and aggressive in calling for the ball and getting into spots where he could take shots.

Alas they should definitely have kept Harden and moved Westbrook the year before rather than give him an extension, furthermore the option of CP for Westbrook that was rumoured to be available but shutdown should be one of their biggest regrets.

Now after moving Harden, they are definitely screwed, They should have let Westbrook go lead a scrub team to a .500 record and put up amazing numbers.

There is no way Thunder will win this year.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The Lakers and Thunder could both miss the playoffs.

Like the Rockets' marketing team said, it's a New Era.

3. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I really think Westbrook will struggle once he loses his athleticism or gets injured.

Really low bball I.Q, playing at one speed all the time sigh.. just so so bad

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

I think he'll last a long time. Dude's athleticism isn't human. He's a freak.

5. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I might be crazy but I put $100 on rockets to win the championship this season before the Harden trade, this team plays hard and now with Harden oh my god we can definitely make the playoffs and then all the way to the finals no problem.

As long as Douglas doesn't play, the guy really can't do anything. Livingston could most definitely control the tempo and show composure which is so so so SO important in team basketball.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Boom goes the dynamite. You've lost all credibility now.

1 person likes this.
  7. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Bingo.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

You don't like him for how long?

9. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Yeah totally agree, it's amazing that people actually think WB is better than Harden, especially after watching them play together over the last few seasons. It's obvious that Harden is a much more efficient shooter with better basketball IQ than Westbrick. The team would have jelled better and easier right now if he was gone instead of Harden.

10. Mr. Clutch

It's sad that so-called genius Presti went with the inefficient Westbrook over the beloved-by-stat-geeks Harden.

11. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I reckon spurs are definetly favourites to get out from the West, and Lakers should be okay as long as they stay healthy, just need more time to groove.

12. Mr. Clutch

Hate him long time

13. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Well I think its great for Houston, but terrible for thunder, just watch i'm going to be right, they won't make the finals.

14. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I didn't like him since the beginning of 10-11 and all of last year.

Ever since he started to get better a scoring in a ways using his athleticism, he has a big head and big ego and thinks noone can stop him, which is great and needed to become a champion, but his really not good enough, not nearly as good as Kobe and even he couldn't do it.

This thinking is even more detrimental that he is on the Thunder, because deep down he thinks his better than Durant, his only started to reign in his shooting last season because of the massive criticism he took.

Sometimes I wish Durant was more outspoken like Kobe, sure he might seem like an ******* and people will dislike him but it'll let people know and some will support him, just like Kobe will have his supporters no matter what.

15. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

big mistake for OKC to get rid of Harden instead. Westbrook is soo immature.

16. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

The only reason they could probably get to the conference finals is because of the lack of teams in the West but I don't see them coming out of the second round this season.

Clippers, LA and Spurs are the top 3 teams, Denver will be there as a regular season team but not good enough in the playoffs.

17. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

They can still trade him now... especially if Maynor can regain health. But that would mean what a waste in trading Harden...

But if I was the thunder and Maynor showed he can stay healthy, i'd most definitely run with him and entertain floating Westbrook out there.

The only problem is there's not much they can get in return that they need now..

18. Mr. Clutch

Westbrook for Lin?

19. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

God speaking of Maynor how i would love him to be on Houston right now

20. Felece

Felece Member

Since when did the rockets get Lebron James?