1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have landed James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

?

The Rockets landed James Harden for K-Mart, Lamb + draft picks. Do you like the move?

1. YES

1,287 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. NO

215 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

2. torocan

torocan Member

People who are down on the Harden trade need to really think about it.

Not only did the Rockets get an all-star calibre guard with UPSIDE, who's up tempo style of play and passing skills mesh perfectly with the McHale's offense, who just HAPPENS to be 23 years old so has a potentially LONG career ahead of him, but he also brings LOADS of star power to the Rockets AND makes Houston a seriously attractive Free Agency destination.

The Rockets WILL have sufficient cap space to get true MAX contract player ON TOP of what they already have.

As it stands, the Rockets are now a legitimate playoff team, that will get media coverage that is even MORE crazy than it is now... Linsanity AND the Beard AND Asik gives national AND international appeal.

In other words, don't be surprised if Morey is able to snag another all star or even a tier 1 superstar with the current roster. While a superstar won't necessarily make the Rockets a championship contending team this year, you've got a minimum of 3 years with Lin and Asik and 4-5 years with Harden.

That's TONS of time to add/develop the team into a real championship contending team between free agency, the developing rookies, and trade possibilities.

It's a great deal for the Rockets, and more importantly the future of the Rockets.

Damn you Morey... now I need to re-do my Western Conference rankings. :p

1 person likes this.
  3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

If you look at the roster tracker that rocket girl does on twitter, you'll see that there have now been 39 different players on the roster since the season ended! Thats gotta be a record!

4. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

No offense but I dont think you know how stupid you sound. Harden's a very good 2nd to 3rd option at best. The fact you never mentioned how he benefited from Durant & Westbrook means you've been severely misdirected. I just ask you dont make excuses when it becomes obvious we made a mistake.

5. Classic

Classic Member

Well, let's give the man 43 min a game. Dude played crunch time in the 4th quarter always.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I love Harden (minus his flopping).

However, bad move by Harden and his agent.

He should have signed the contract Thunder offered him. It was only 4.5 million less than what the Rockets will offer him.

In OKC he would have been part of a contending team for years. OKC was the perfect team for what he brings to the table.

In Houston he will have to wait a very long time to contend, if ever. Considering he is not a the kind of player you would want to build your team around, and Rockets do not have any stars, he is going to be part of a mediocre team.

See Mitch Richmond and the Sacramento kings.

7. CCM721

CCM721 Member

If it was obvious we made a mistake 2 hours after the trade, this trade never would have been made.

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

What's the dollar amount if Harden signs a 5 year max deal?

9. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

And let opponent defenses beware, you can stop one or the other but not both when it's 5 on 5!

10. slickster

slickster Member

Now THIS is the type of move that gets the rockets back on the map.

We'll talk hoops later, but for now, there are certain situations where perception is everything. And at the start of the season, where you can either fire up the fan base, or leave them lukewarm, Morey and Les just lit a fire under the fan's a55es.

11. three

three Member

We just got the best under 25 years old sg in the league!:eek:
    3rd best overall behind kobe and dwade.
    all we need now is k.love or l.aldridge and clutch city is back!!!:grin:

12. King Boo

King Boo Member

DVauthrin is spot on. You on the other hand expose your own stupidity every time you post. Good day, sir.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

hotl **** hasodifja;sdjf;askdjfa

wtgffffff

holy fuuuuckk holy fuuucukkekrerefasdfasdf
    as
    dfa
    f
    afrf
    reaf
    arf
    rf
    erfa
    erfa
    a2wf

that's my reaction

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

WOW!!!!!

Just got home and saw this.

SICK

15. beta ticket

beta ticket Member

lol....

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow! Those are some amazing numbers. :-O-

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Too tired to read through 42 pages of posts, but...

This means we in essence traded KMart, Lamb, Lowry, Lee, JHill and a two first-rounders for Harden. That's a LOT to give up for someone who can certainly ball, but doesn't seem to really be a go-to cold-blooded closer kind of guy.

Gonna have to let my brain wrap around this one before I know how I feel about it.

18. davidlee

davidlee Member

Did all the opponent back up players play 30 minutes?:grin:

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Screamin' A.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I hate that James Harden is gone. He's bigtime, despite being M.I.A. In Finals. But OKC made a damn-good deal for itself. Still best in West</p>&mdash; Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/262422916384292864" data-datetime="2012-10-28T05:17:53+00:00">October 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. makman

makman Member

Any knowledge of how Harden feels about being a Rocket?