1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

According to fans...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Oct 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Will your parents let you out of that basement?
    I don't expect him to beat out Perkins. I just expect him to play well enough to back someone up at center. He may very well be cut from the Thunder because of other players already in the rotation. Plus, i don't want to take your girl scout cookie money. :p

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We are going to get a great high pick this year

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so this means you don't have $100 to donate to the site after losing your bet on your scrub player predictions.

maybe you can use that $100 toward a regular season game.

during that game, the good players are the ones on the court, and the ones sitting down the whole game are not.

you'll learn about this game one day!

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It is refreshing to see the youngsters getting along so well.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I like our Rookies...
    Lamb reminds me of a young Gervin.
    White has got all the tools necessary to become a star.
    Terence Jones...Wow
    Donatas if played at the 4 will be a nightmare for the opposition
    Machado has got good court vision.

Kevin Martin has got his swagger back, Linsanity is ready to take off, Asik plays defence and Parsons has been working on his shot.

I'm looking forward to Pat Pat & Morris proving they belong in the NBA.

We should have 2 decent picks in the upcoming draft.

Positive!!!

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

From Toronto. ;)

7. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

they wanted to rebuild around a certain player that didn't get his 4th year player option

8. J-Red

J-Red Member

I think the last time everyone was pretty much unanimously excited about the Rockets was when we had Yao, a somewhat healthy T-Mac, and the player formerly known as Ron Artest. And the year before that was pretty exciting too when we stole Scola, resigned Francis and it looked like our starting line-up was going to be 3 All-Stars, Battier, and the best forward in Europe at the time.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We should all have just as much enthusiasm for this team.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Or the team has to generate something to be enthused about.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

In time.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I like how Jones has looked so far.

13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

We're just human man. When things go good we are happy (Asik, Martin). When things dont go bad we get upset (Royce). Just normal right? I mean what kind of fan would you be if you dont get upset when the teams direction goes south. BTW Im not impying it has, thats a whole other debate.

Now to be positive. I love what we're seeing from Asik. Martin is looking like a top 5 SG. Jones is an awesome pick, he could have been picked at Lambs spot. Parsons has been progressing as expected. Pat is slowly getting there but I still I expected more.

I just wish we got to see Lin at full health. Im really anxious about how he will pan out for us. The only things thats sucked so far is Royce. Besides that, its all good.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

hey badlee,

the season hasn't started yet. let the season dictate how fans react.

I know you think the preseason=nba finals, but it's not.

1 person likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

fans were very excited (at least the real Rockets fans were) because of our STARTERS .

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BfNQfiBYD0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Props. Best post on this thread!

17. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Agree, that is the only one make me laugh.

18. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I like the fact that T-Jones is going to be the best rookie we drafted just like i said when almost everybody was hating on the pick.I also like that hopefully after this year Les will open his eyes and get use a real coach.we will also get two good draft picks in the end.

19. three

three Member

I love the culture of hard work, sharing the ball and helping each other out on defense. its the way the game was meant to be played.:grin:

I love the system of getting out on the break when you can and then spacing the floor, passing and cutting mixed in with some pick and roll. none of that iso stuff unless we have a dominant post up guy like dream or mchale.;)

I love our roster, especially the starters. who needs dwight? the one position i think that would really make us legit is pf. if we had k.love or l.aldridge we could compete with anyone.:eek::eek:

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Ohh the Thabeet obsession is back in full swing. I watched the game last night.... Thabeet looked like Thabeet, but for some reason Brooks kept him in the game long enough to come close to achieving a double double in a preseason game. The numbers falsely represented his performance. If it was a regular season game he wouldn't have played more than 5 minutes.

Let's call a spade a spade.... he was terrible, was ALWAYS confused on where he needed to be on defense, on offense he was buckled down on the shoulder to just get out of everyone's way, and the best of all was when he went up to get a rebound when there wasn't anyone within 5 feet of him and he yelled like someone just shot him with a cannon.... yeah, the Rockets really missed out on that guy...

But to contribute to your positivity thread, I must say that the Rockets are setup to be a very positionless team going into the next couple of seasons. Players like Chandler Parsons, Royce White, and Terrence Jones are the wave of the future of the NBA IMO. Its nice to have a big guy like Asik to control the paint, but you just can't rely on always having a GOOD 7 footer like Asik on your roster all the time. The Rockets are lucky to have even 1 of those guys.