1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEO] 7 Illegal Flops that Will be Fined

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by King Boo, Oct 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. King Boo

King Boo Member

2. uchlha

uchlha Member

might want to clarify its examples of flops that will be fined

3. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xNN9ZiH38fs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8BjhfwVY_p8&feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

check ginobili pull a double checkmate on raja bell with a late reaction flop

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cpPgxaBtSA0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why are they no videos of Scola passing? I mean flopping...

5. amaru

amaru Member

All Stars will not be called for this very often.

6. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Some of these examples are horrible but at the same time I don't see how this is going to be effective in stopping flopping.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

another way to control the outcomes of series

8. WNBA

WNBA Member

Fine the team who can decide to put a fine on its player or not.

Do not fine the players. NBA should not generate profit this way.

9. Dei

Dei Member

Can they fine Miami for their 2006 championship?

10. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

I'm relieved to hear that the rumors of only defensive flops being fined were not true.

There's at least one glaring omission: flailing arms after shot. Also, is this a video released by the NBA? I'm confused: will the Scola defense be penalized? The guy says it will and it absolutely should, yet the video states it won't be...

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Instead of fining players, I think it would be far more effective if they just humiliate the flopper somehow. Humiliation would stop flopping. Too bad that could open up plenty a lawsuit.

12. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I think the sound is faster than the video. Not sure if this is from the nba or just someone highlighting what should be flops, and what isn't.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Is there any info out there on how much the fines are going to be? Because that is going to be the big thing. If the fine is $500-$1000, then it don't mean a thing. It's gotta be substantial (percentage of each player's salary to make it fair) and then if it is substantial, the player's union is gonna rangle over it.

I'm not confident this is going to be worked out to anybody's satisifaction to have any effect on the 2012-13 season at this point.

14. conquistador#11

hollins and evans for sure. but until I see the fabulous divas getting called for violations, I won't believe it.

15. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

this is becoming like a football.

the worst flop was CP. it should be used as an nba tv ads to humuliate the player.

NBA, where flopping happens.

16. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

So game 7 of the NBA finals, they can still pull off a few flops to win the championship....with what will probably be a small fine afterwards that will be worth it.

17. platypus

platypus Member

They should have a card system like in soccer, a flop is a yellow card and two flops in the same game leads to an ejection.

18. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

19. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

The other flopping thread had some details, not sure if they were rumors or if they are official penalties. Basically first flop is $5k and increases $5k each additional flop, until the 6th, which then the NBA has the option to suspend the player. I assume the ambiguity of possible suspensions has to due with where they are at with the season, somebody who hits the limit early in the season will probably suspended.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

this video just seemed to bring up the trouble with the whole flopping topic. some embellishment is ok and won't be fined but some isn't ok and will be fined. the line seems to be fairly murky. while i would like to get rid of the evans/paul/hollins launches (and harshly), it's going to take a concurrent change in the officials to get rid of some of the other sell jobs because as it currently stands selling a foul is sometimes the only way to get the call. as you saw, turiaf got shoved with no call in the "won't be fined" section and that leads to something like josh smith's fall in the "will be fined" section because it seems like a good way to get the call. much like battier mentioned in the other thread about trying to draw a charge.

and of all the thousands of flops in dwade's career, that seemed pretty minor to fine. the leg kick wasn't that unnatural as it went in front of his body with him leaning back and wasn't the typical reggie miller kick to the side of the body that really should be punished. but we'll see how this whole experiment works out. they had to do something and the likelihood is getting rid of it won't work out smoothly at first and will hopefully be quickly tweaked into a good, permanent solution.