1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Can the Rockets draft an all star next year?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Utah Dreamer, Jul 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

At least two of our four rookies will be all-stars. No need in wasting time tanking. Especially when the team is still to good for that.

2. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

uhhhh shabazz and rudy gobert.

rudy gobert measured at over 7 feet without shoes and has a 7'9" wingspan. WAT.

the big crop at the top of this years draft isn't bad.

noel
    adams
    gobert
    mcadoo
    zeller
    austin
    brown

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah, this draft appears top-heavy to me. zeller and gobert look like potential franchise players, and the freshman class coming in has some special players. A 5 pick in this draft might prove to be very valuable.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Leonard sucked in summer league, motiejunas dominated him. I wouldn't of even given our 18th picks to that guy, we made the right draft picks. And toronto wouldn't trade with us, we did try...they thought nash was in the bag lol.

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Also if we had drafted Fab Melo or Tyler Zeller they really wouldnt be worth as much as T.Jones in a trade package

Morey made the right move regardless

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Probably not.

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Doesn't matter if we can get into the top 3 picks.

8. jocar

jocar Member

http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft
    Houston.. 8th Pick.. Alex Poythress 6'8 SF/PF
    Looks like they have a good understanding of Morey's fetish by now

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Blind men have an understanding of Morey's fetish.:grin:

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Of course we've seen very little of all these players being discussed, and it's clearly subject to change, I don't see any franchise players in this 2013 draft outside of Shabazz, Cody Zeller, and maybe Nerlens Noel if he proves he's legit in college.

I wish we didn't have the Raptors pick this year. All indications are that we're going to receive it because I don't see the Raptors making the playoffs this year (but they have promise for the future), and obviously I don't think they're bottom 3 in the league.

I want all the ammunition possible for the 2014 draft, because that draft is absolutely loaded, especially with Andrew Wiggins who, in my opinion, is the best prospect we've had coming out in many years.

We'll see what happens, but we're going to be bad, so it's quite possible we get a top 5 pick. We'll see.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Gobert! He has the potential to be the not r****ded version of mcgee (which is all star caliber in today's nba).

12. JD88

JD88 Member

I understand we don't need another PF but because he's signed with UK I keep up with him.

What he brings: Versatility. Recruiting analyst Jerry Meyer once described Poythress as “a more explosive athlete than Terrence Jones.” He plays hard, runs the floor, can score from anywhere and could end up being UK’s top rebounder. His all-around game stood out against elite competition in the McDonald’s All-American Game and Jordan Brand Classic, and he made a late jump in most recruiting rankings as a result.

Question mark: Is he the go-to guy? Poythress looks to be the most accomplished offensive player on this team. He scored more than 40 points in four games as a high school senior, but whether or not he’ll stay in attack mode with so many talented players around him won’t be answered until the season begins. If Poythress doesn’t defer to others, he could well be the fourth straight freshman to lead the Cats in scoring.

One-and-done? If he wants to go, he’ll almost certainly have the chance. DraftExpress.com rates him as the No. 7 prospect and ESPN has him at No. 15. NBADraft.net puts him at No. 4, behind only Noel, UCLA’s Shabazz Muhammad and Indiana’s Cody Zeller. Poythress improved his stock by playing well in front of NBA scouts during the post-season all-star events.