1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas State vs Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Aug 27, 2012.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

[​IMG]

Touchdown!

1 person likes this.
  2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Hahaha awesome.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

My parents are both UH alumnis. It has been fun talking mess. (Although I never saw this win coming)

4. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Shame we don't play Tx St til November

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The funny thing is that Donny thinks La Tech will ick A&M's ass. How disappointed Donny will be.

6. jc9495

jc9495 Member

Eat 'em up!!!
    c/o '04
    7th underdog of 34+ pts to win a game since 1980. Last was Stanford in '07 +38.5 over USC...

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

La Tech is a pretty damn good team. I was pretty certain they were going to beat A&M last Thursday, but now that the game has been pushed back, A&M's odds are looking better.

Sumlin is a hurricane magnet.

8. Refman

Alabama is a pretty damned good team. La Tech is a decent team. La Tech's chances of beating a major conference team is very, very small.

Is it impossible they will beat A&M? Nope. It is, however, very unlikely.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

UH fans are pretty ungrateful. Briles leaves, they say screw him, he didn't really do anything for this program and Sumlin is the good coach. Sumlin leaves and they do the same thing. I remember Matt Jackson on the radio saying how how Tom Penders had taken the program as far as possible and how they needed someone better. Tom Penders had been been the most successful UH coach in 20+ years.

Kevin Sumlin and art Briles are the Reason you have that stadium.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't see much hate being directed toward the Bobcats. They played a good game and I think most people recognize that.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You've got an inflated sense of how good the mediocre teams in major conferences are. Remember when Arkansas st whipped your butts in college station? I think la tech has a good shot of beating the Aggies.

12. Refman

The Aggies played Ark St in Sherman's first year in College Station. The talent level at A&M had never been less at A&M than when Fran got fired. That was a very, very bad season. I was at Kyle Field for that game. The Aggies were 4-8 in a season where the conference was very mediocre outside of Texas and OU.

Fran took the keys to the car, ran it into the ditch and lit it on fire. Sherman put the fire out, towed the car out of the ditch and fixed many of the broken parts.

Then again, you probably thought that Rice could beat mediocre UCLA, and we all know how that turned out. Mediocre teams from power conferences do not lose to teams from the mid majors...bad teams from power conferences do. A&M is mediocre this year, but they are not a bad team.

It is not inconceivable that La Tech will win the game, but the odds are against it.

13. bigtexxx

how do you explain UH pasting Pedo State in the bowl game last year?

yeah that's what I thought.

(wow look at that holding up the coogs to pwn the aggy!)

14. AFS

AFS Member

Wait a second, did you just say something good about the Coogs? Never thought I'd see the day... :p

15. Refman

Penn State was in the throes of the scandal at the end of the season. Paterno had been run off campus in disgrace. The situation was completely different.

Leave it to Rice boy to think he actually knows something about football. You willing to bet a two week self imposed ban from posting if A&M wins? I am willing to bet a two week ban if A&M loses. Deal?

16. bigtexxx

nothing but excuses out of you.

So you think Penn State would have beaten UH last year without the scandal? huh. Probably fired them up more than it hurt, but you probably wouldn't understand the mind of an athlete, since you preferred to officiate rather than play.

and then your excuses for "lack of talent" after Fran left, which led to your whipping at the hands of Arkansas State (and near losses to Army and Fresno St the year before). Hmm, ok, great excuse.

A&M fans are hilarious. If it's not the refereeing they're blaming, it's some other excuse (like they couldn't recruit?) and then when they lose the first thing they do is claim their opponent is classless. love those guys!

The reality is that aggie football has only been a powerhouse when they were cheating in the late 80s, which spilled over to the early 90s (oops sorry I forgot the years of Dana Bible in the 1910s and 1920s). The rest of the time they've been an extremely mediocre team with doofus fans that are the laughingstock of other schools.

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

How does that make us ungrateful? The fans don't have a right to be pissed when these coaches (making empty statements about wanting to be here) leave? They certainly turned the program around, but I wish we could find someone that actually wants to stick around.

18. Refman

This post is freaking hilarious coming from a Rice fan. Like so many of your posts, it is full of fail.

19. bigtexxx

Looks like I struck a nerve with you. The truth tends to have that effect. The difference is that I recognize my team's limitations and don't have an inflated sense of their capabilities. You on the other hand struggle with that.

20. Refman

This sure has become important to you. I control your thoughts. I cannot wait to hear from you after the game on 10/13.

Time to stop hijacking the UH vs. Texas State game thread.