1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets could be involved in three team trade w/ Spurs and Raptors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Aug 23, 2012.

1. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

Brilliant is a strong word. Pop got out-coached by the not so articulate or bright Scott Brooks. There is no such thing as a brilliant NBA coach anymore. Maybe Red Auerbach back in the day and Larry Brown for a brief moment. Now certain NFL coaches might be considered brilliant.

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Scott Brooks is a fine coach and should be given credit.

But I don't see how you could say Pops got out coached. He had the less talented roster and maximized it. What did he do wrong?

Brooks found a way to keep his team together and adjust, Ibaka had a crazy game, and the Thunder did what they had to do based on their talent.

3. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

completely agree...i dont even understand why these newbs have thread starting privileges? abusing it to gain rep and for "shock" value :rolleyes: absolutely ridiculous

4. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

i have no clue...i remember when i joined, i had to wait a certain amount of time w/ rep to be able to start one. something like that

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

what's the point in rep at all?
    thank/like buttons - sure (saves space and time comparing to replying every time you agree with someone).
    But rep? Kind of pointless.

2 people like this.
  6. koopa

koopa Member

What did we hire Daryl Morey for again? ANy Joe Schmoe can trade the entire team with 3 or more years of nba experience (the real assets) for new draft picks (0 nba experience so called assets). You don't need a rocket scientist morey to get all this. He traded the entire team which was developed by the rockets for new draft picks? Anybody can do that and thank daryl for giving them a freebie. First lowry dragic lee and now patterson? who's next? martin and parsons for assets? We know who the real ass here is and it's not the assets called draft picks.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Excited for the new Middle School year?

1 person likes this.
  8. Know Your Role

lmfao

9. it's our time

it's our time Member

Do you even understand the least bit about FO basketball moves? Doesn't appear that you do.

10. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

Scott Brooks is not a fine coach, he's still learning how to coach in the NBA for that matter. The talent of the two teams were very similar and that is why they had similar regular season records. The fact is the Spurs had a 2-0 lead and homecourt advantage. They also have 3 all star caliber players that have played together for a decade. No other team in NBA has that. And the few times when Ginobli has been injured in past playoffs, the Spurs have not been relevant in terms of contending in the playoffs. It's about those 3 players not Pop.

Simple question, if Pop was not coaching for this Duncan, Parker, Ginobli led Spurs team with great role players, do you think his "brilliance" and Bobby Knight personality would fair well in a rebuilding situation? Could he even do what say George Karl or Adelman do, and go coach any type of team and be pretty successful?

My opinion about NBA coaches is that their job is to not be bad as opposed to being brilliant. If you compare the homework and innovation an NBA coach does compared to an NFL coach which is so much more tactical and innovative, there is no comparison. What was Phil Jackson doing before he met Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen? What was Pop doing before he joined the Spurs as GM(biggest GM move was experimenting with Rodman)? And Duncan landed in his lap when he was coach. He was Don Nelson's assistant in Golden State before coming to the Spurs.

Conclusion-the general management of the Spurs and Lakers has been brilliant for the last 12-13 years, the coaching has been what it should be, adequate.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

well i don't agree about Brooks or Spurs or Pop. Thunder is more talented at this point. Not sure were we can get from that though.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

fixed

13. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Basically sums it up.

14. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

How come none of the other places are reporting this as rumors???? this is the only source its coming out of. i would believe it if i see the same rumor somewhere else. thats the only way to believe its a strong rumor.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

they should at least give us dejuan blair too.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They should at least confirm the rumor first.

17. Htown's2kFinest

Gary Neal is a lights out shooter. One of the best every year in 3pt%. I'd be happy with the trade.

18. rocketseagles07

Pop is a great coach and you're crazy if you don't think so. That team wins 50 games year in and year out with different role players. These last couple years he's rested the big 3 separately, dealt with injuries, and it's still business as usual in SA. Comparing him with phil is dumb imo...

19. Jman713

Jman713 Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

20. dragonz

dragonz Member

Bobby Knight, really? seriously? god, stop posting plz.