1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

guy who predicted tsunami in japan makes another prediction

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketboi, Aug 7, 2012.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

how many failed predictions does this guy have under his belt again?

ATS trollol

regardless, I am 5 miles inland and always thought I could go up to the top of a local hill if there were a tsunami. I wonder if it would be submerged for a 70 mile inland tsunami

2. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

just got another earthquake here in California. seems like another 3-4 magnitude just like last night.. another day in California I guess.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's what SHE said. :eek:

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did he say where the earthquake for the Sydney tsunami would originate? From what I was told Australia is geologically moribund and has been for 30 million years. I guess if a big enough hit off the coast of NZ that could create a tsunami that reaches NSW. That would have to be unbelievably huge though to go 70 miles inland. I think the worse the 2004 tsunami got was 3 miles inland.

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Actually two in Yorba Linda. 4.5 and 3.4...within 20 minutes of each other.

My in-laws, who live in Cerritos (Anaheim area), drive around with several hundred dollars hidden in their cars. They call it their earthquake money. I suppose with this breaking news of imminent disaster, they'll be over at my house this weekend...actually, at the California Hotel in a trancelike haze while mundanely pushing buttons on video poker machines.

Buy your future beach-front property in Victorville now before it's too late.

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Wouldn't the event need to be off shore to create a tsunami of such size ? This dude is predicting 70 miles inland,that would have to be a 200+ ft wave :rolleyes:

8. boomboom

Supporting Member

Another smaller one in Yorba Linda. The end is near.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't know if there was one here or if I had flatulences, it's getting scary. :eek:

10. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

"Hey....heyyy...hey....hey some say the end is near some say we'll see Armageddon soon, certainly hope we do, sure could use a vacation from this...."

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

My psychology is a bit shaky, but isn't this confirmation bias? Some conspiracy theorist points something out and people begin to actively look for occurrences that coincide with the prediction that would have otherwise gone unnoticed otherwise. I'd only believe this crap if the person doing the predictions were a seismologist with a hefty supply of equipment to track these things.

1 person likes this.
  12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If there is a 9.6 earthquake noted in California in a few days, I don't think it will be the result of confirmation bias. I'm not sure if that guy who posted the prediction is using science as the basis of his opinion, since he states he isn't using psychic abilities.

13. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

No offense but if there's a 9.0+ earthquake in Cali AND Australia, I'll give this guy all the credit in the world.

I have 0.00001% confidence in his prediction, but, if ends up close to true, I don't care what he used to make the prediction.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i just wanna take this opportunity to tell our clutchfans family members out in cali, ie. CH, yoyo, boomboom, et al.....gentlemen, it has been a privilege posting with you here

15. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

So LA is about to be wiped out. Maybe Dwight would consider Houston now?

2 people like this.
  16. boomboom

Supporting Member

I'm in Vegas...so I'm good. :) Yoyo can hang out at my crib until his stuff dries out.

Yorba Linda Earthquake Watch 2012 brought to you by Gatorade: #4 just happened. lol.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Doubtful.

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I see someone has been reading the Sciguy Blog on the chron lol

19. Classic

Classic Member

So this guy predicted big earth quakes on 8/6 to occur on about 8/10 and there have been 3 or 4 local earthquakes in LA since then? Is that normal in LA area?

20. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Small earthquakes are fairly common. You can check them out at http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/