1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

McHale "threw a fit" over losing Dragic, will leave after season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This.

2. DJA

DJA Member

How is NY reporting something about Houston when no Houston news knows anything about it? Ya it's not true.

3. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

You think maybe they hired him because they knew he would be awful as a coach but good as a spokesperson? Seems like it..now that I think about it, no way Howard with his ego or Bynum for that matter can get along with McHale. Look @ Martin, Dally & Lowry, our biggest ego's last year, they didn't last long and weren't happy with him.

4. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I like the idea of JVG coming back to coach. With him commentating for the top teams (national tv) ... He's been able to learn from all of the coaches strengths and weaknesses, adapting the knowledge to his own style if he would choose to one day coach again.

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

LOL @ NYC. There has been more talk about Houston from NYC this offseason than in probably the last 10 offseasons.

Butt-hurt city is butt-hurt.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

funny, i liked the idea of never having gotten rid of him in the first place, since all he did was coach our team to the playoffs every year he was in Houston (and every year he was in NY for that matter); mind you, with half the complimentary talent that Adelman had to work with.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess they have not been this pissed since 1994

Rocket River

8. nbafever

nbafever Member

Can't he resign earlier?

I like Kelvin Sampson and J.B. Bickerstaff; they seem to be hands-on with the players. Chris Finch was quiet last season so we have no way of evaluating him.

That said, I wouldn't mind if McHale isn't our coach this season. I personally thought that 6-game losing streak was his fault.

9. bizzyboi

bizzyboi Member

Our next coach should be Kelvin Sampson. He is a great X's and O's guy and from hearing him in various interviews last season and in the summer league, I believe he can handle the NBA game and personnel.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this is true. McHale has been a bad fit from the start and seems to rub a lot players the wrong way. Maybe we can have a Royce White/Kevin McHale recreation of Sprewell choking PJ Carlesimo.

11. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

How long are they going to publish articles crapping all over Jeremy Lin?

This is really pathetic.

First, the character assassination. Then, twisting Machado's statements to make it seem like he dissed Lin. Now McHale hates him too?

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I don't really care what happens to McHale. I like a good bit of what he brought last year. I like the mentality. But what we are doing here (if we continue to rebuild) is bigger than McHale and surely he will not survive the length of the process.

I don't like the look of Chris Finch. He always struck me as in the background during our season. He just seems to look like a worried little bird. What do you guys think of the young Bickerstaff. He always seems intelligent during interviews. Is he ready to be a head coach? I would probably be just as ok with Bickerstaff or Sampson as I am with McHale.

13. Aruba77

here we go with all the McHale haters coming out of the woodwork. Just the excuse folks need to tar and feather the guy after just one season ...a NYDN article that says, "This just in;" "a coach is frustrated over trying to make the playoffs with a roster full of rookies and 2nd year players". So freaking what?

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

McHale doesn't seem to be on the same page as management, which could be a major problem.

I don't see McHale as the best man for the job in developing our massive crop of young players.

But I really hope everyone here doesn't keep paying attention to biased NY articles. Look at all of the whining and negativity that have resulted in this thread and the Machado thread. This is what tabloid style journalism wants..

#54 napalm06, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  15. jocar

jocar Member

16. Raven

Raven Member

NY media has it out for Morey.

:grin:

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Consider the source, folks, consider the source. We're discussing this like it's true. I wouldn't bet on it.

19. Aruba77

but who cares if it is true? I really don't see the controversy here. This is typical, natural tension between a coach's need to win and a GM's need to rebuild.

20. Nook

Nook Member

No, but he spends most his time texting Dwight Howard and Chris Paul.