1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why as the Dwightmare been so calm these past few days?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LelWestbrick, Jul 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

No interesting legit news, lots of fake insiders pretending to be clutchfans and the like but that's about it. Are the bids basically in at this point? Asik has been signed/not matched so that situation is settled.

A week ago (and the week prior and so on) I could come hourly and find new tweets that gave out actual info. I could do it at like 1am and still get something interesting. Now... not so much.

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Because the magic do not like the offers. Simple as that.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They're never going to like them. They're always going to want more and will eventually have to settle for less than their ideal offer. I think it's more like they are waiting to see what offer to pick. They want to see the young guys play more to know which ones to choose from.

4. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

IMO, they will get more now than they will in February, but they are threatening to wait until then. Dumbass!

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Magic front office said they were going on vacation,then reports were they would go to LALA land and try to convince howard to stay in mickey mouse land .

Morey I believe is on his way to London for 10 day's ... could be quiet for awhile ...anybody's guess what's really going on.

6. skyline07

skyline07 Member

cause everyone has already stopped caring........

7. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

The Magic FO thinks if they wait it out and take more vacations, the offers will get better. They wont.

8. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I think most people has already come up with their own conclusion on every Dwight of topics.

9. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

fixed

10. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

I could go either way with getting or not getting him. If we don't, we have some great prospects. If we do, and he doesn't resign. We would get everything we gave up to get him back via sign and trade with another team.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hoping that it just goes away so that we can get on with our rebuilding.

12. BriBri07

BriBri07 Member

Dont understand this logic...Do you want to live the rest of you life pickin 14th or making a quick exit in the first round?

This team WITHOUT trading for howard is still a good enough team in my opinion to have an ok record, i doubt well be top 10 since most teams in the east are an absolute mess.

So unless we strike absolute GOLD in the draft which is very doubtful, Howard has to be the play we make , and really anyone who cant see that is either

1. A DH hater, because of all the drama he HAS CAUSED...NOT ACCEPTABLE

2. Scared hed bolt after the year....ACCEPTABLE, but thats what managment is for, and i have enough trust in our FO that if they did infact trade for DH , they will find a way to keep him.

13. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

Someone slap the OP for starting this ****.

14. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

how about you slap yourself rookie?

15. rockets11champs

We haven't offered in a while bc I remember bucher saying rockets won't make an offer till Lin and asik are done with now they r done with and we might send an offer

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

My prediction: we do not get Dwight Howard and just roll with our youngsters, more or less.

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Because everyone's been tired of talking about it...

18. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe the front office liked what they saw in Vegas.

19. Burko

Burko Member

Because the best form of negotiation is to make your offer, and then go silent.

20. AFS

AFS Member

You have a point here. If the Rockets go to Orlando, we're weak, but if they come to us, we're strong.