1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Jeremy Lamb score 15+ PPG as a rookie?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 22, 2012.

?

Will Jeremy Lamb average 15 plus points per game as a rookie?

1. Yes

269 vote(s)
    82.3%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    17.7%
  1. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

if Kevin Martin is not with the team, yes.

2. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

why torch in defense?

I saw every Knicks game he play, he held up against well against every PG, except the Heats game.

He defense will be fine. Name me a PG that plays good defense. Bet you can not name more than five???

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Oh dear. :eek:

Jeremy Lamb is a 6'5" rookie shooting guard that has never played for New York.

4. JD88

JD88 Member

Doubt it. When he gets traded to Orlando he will play behind Martin.

5. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Depends on his minutes. I prefer him to score 10 points efficiently than 15 inefficiently though.

6. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

There aren't that many rookies who score 15+ points per game. Like other mentioned, I think his D and conditioning will keep him off the court enough for him not to reach 15. I do think he will be a regular 15 ppg scorer throughout his career, and maybe even top 20.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

*facepalm*, this thread is about Jeremy Lamb, the rookie from UConn.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

But at least we know who Mr Defensive with regards to Jeremy Lin will be. :grin:

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

dude LAMB not LIN.

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Some of you hate on his defense doesn't really know that he's a capable defender. In Uconn, his opponents usually shoots a lower percentage when Lamb is guarding them. He isn't a powerful player but he is quick enough laterally to stay in front of his opponents and his long wingspan can bother their shots. You guys just never really see him play and already judging his defense just because he's kind of built like Kevin Martin.

1 person likes this.
  11. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Before you hate on his defense, at least watch him play in the regular season first before you can say he's a bad defender. Just because he's built like K Mart and has that lay back demeanor doesn't mean he can't play defense. Like I said, back when he's at Uconn, opponents that usually match up against him shoots a lower percentage than they normally do because he is quick enough to stay in front of them and his long wingspan contest their every single shot. He is athletic enough to go up and block shots also. He's an awesome scorer and a capable defender. People thinks he's a bad defender because he is built just like Kevin Martin.

1 person likes this.
  12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

JL SCORE MANY POINT .ONE TIME PLAY LAKERS SCORE 68 POINT . YU KNOW WHAT YOU TALK

13. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

With our current projected lineup, we'll need all the points we can get. So I hope he can get close to that number.

14. Felece

Felece Member

YU THINK JEREMY NO ABLE SHOOT 15 POINT HE SHOOT 20 EVERY LINSANITY AND WE NO ONE SHOOT GOOD NOW SO HE SHOOT ALWAYS GET STATS

15. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

Jeremy score so beauty. Score this lot. 20 point little big deal. So horny.. So so horny..

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm gonna assume every poster that registered this month is a LOF and report everyone of them for the sake of the GARM which will surely be in ruins once the season starts.

1 person likes this.
  17. thisiscaketown

Depends on who's the focus of the Rockets' offense and whether Kevin Martin is gone. I think it's doable, since Asik won't take many shots, so there'll be more shots for Lamb.

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Ever since we were talks about getting Howard alot of new people are coming out of nowhere

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

edit:

lol....I read Lin not Lamb.

20. QazQay

QazQay Member

You guys realize he's gonna be backing up KMart for the first half of the season at least? That's gonna hurt his minutes and thus hurt his ppg.