1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Leaving Las Vegas: Rating the Rockets Rookies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 20, 2012.

1. AFS

AFS Member

In hindsight, even if we had picked a few spots higher, I'd much rather have Lamb over Rivers or Leonard. Leonard looks really stiff out on the court and Lamb has just outplayed Rivers in summer league.

Also, I like Lamb's game a lot better than Dion Waiters or Bradley Beal. I think Lamb could be the best SG to come out of this draft, so I don't think having a top10 pick would have made so much of a difference.

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Clutch, Kodos. From watching on the Broadband 100% on your assessment except White. I thought he made some decent scoring moves. Really tough to want to let any of them go, especially after how they bought into team play and passed, etc. in summer league!

Wow.

I am sure more then one head coach we played told his team " I want you to pay attention to what just happened, you got schooled in team basketball, and that's what we play around here"..or words to that effect lol.

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Nothing of substance in this post, as with many of mine, but I just want to see these guys play during the regular season. During meaningful minutes too.

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Good article, nice writing.

5. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

It seems to me that KMart has to be in the trade offering to have a chance to pick up another contract besides D Howard. If that is the case then I cannot see us bundling J Lamb into the package since they are very similar players. For this reason IMO Lamb is a safe bet to stick around.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You still haven't accepted the fact that Howard is not coming to Houston.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

They would have to be nuts to keep 2 no-upside pg's on the roster in favor Machado, if they see one iota of upside with him.

My guess is, if he shows well in the pre-season, there's not a chance in hell that Shaun Livingston stays on the roster/they risk letting Machado go. Especially since, by his post-signing comments, they basically hinted to him that he had a strong chance of competing for a roster spot here.

8. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

haha nice close to the article Clutch.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That is a fact that I accepted many years ago. Because the fact is there are a lot of fans on here who are unrealistic.

You need to accept the fact that Dwight is coming and a couple of these guys are goin.....to the Magic.

10. MONON

MONON Member

Great column! I liked your "sleepy-eyed" comment about Lamb. I hadn't noticed it before, but he does look like a cross between T-Mac & Sleepy Floyd. Hope he can produce like they did.

11. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Great recap - thanks

TJ - just looks like a guy who has been ballin' since he came out of the womb. Has played at the highest level every step in his career to date.

He can just flat out play the game - Seems to be where every loose ball is.

I hope we keep him and he continues to develop and improve. I could see him being a glue guy on a contender down the road.

Seems like a very good pick !!

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Great article, I agree on basically everything you wrote about these 4 guys.

I lost faith in Machado first, but it seems like he picked up really slowly. He can be a third PG on a team if he continues to play like he did at the end of the Summer League.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Not speculating. You should realize we're not going to have 5 rookies on our regular season roster. We're going to be trading some of these guys. And the guy we are trading for is Dwight. Simply keeping it real. You can fantasize about having all these guys on the roster all you want. But it's not real. It's not going to happen.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

According to sources, the Rockets are not that close.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The only reason I'm not getting my hopes up too high about these guys is that they haven't played against players whose talent-level is NBA-level yet. Many of these guys they played against are barely NBDL-level and hadn't played with one another at all.

Let's see if Jeremy can step over 2 steps and fire that shot in the NBA - or will there be somebody there step-for-step with him and in his face.

Royce's inability to consistently hit a jumper or free throws and his inability to guard people without fouling will be exposed.

I'm just not getting my hopes up yet. Let's see how they adjust to the real NBA. Hell, let's see if they're even on the roster. Of all these guys, I hope we don't get rid of Lamb.

1 person likes this.
  16. conquistador#11

great write up but why would you try to sneak two bowling balls across from MX, unless they're filled with Juana!

Lamb to me is the most interesting rookie. How did he fall to us at 12? He should have been five and he is still a teenager. The upside is tremendous.
    They say he needs to eat a steak or two but for how young he is, his body seems right where it's supposed to be. He already has more muscle than k mart.

Really looking forward to seeing these guys grow up.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Still though this thread and topic have little to do with Dwight.

Maybe people just want to discuss the Rookies here? As Clutch has done.

You just literally popped out of nowhere bringing up Dwight.

18. codell

codell Contributing Member

Dan Langhi flashbacks? ;)

19. psingh34

psingh34 Member

i would say that as of now their chances of getting bynum are sig higher than getting howard .. so you saying they will get howard is infact speculation

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

saying that the rockets have any real interest in bynum is even more speculative.