1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is going Vegan counterproductive for Arian?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Buck Turgidson

2. Rasputin12

Rasputin12 Member

3. Buck Turgidson

God?

They're overfished, that's all I was saying.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

When I saw this thread, I immediately thought of you, knowing you are vegan, and hoped you'd see it and post some comments. You didn't disappoint. I still enjoy learning, and I'm more educated about the vegan diet than I was was a few minutes ago. And Ronny had a with a serious, informative post about the topic. Good stuff!

5. Rasputin12

Rasputin12 Member

And now we know it is due to self-righteous vegans.

As a cod lover, I'm disgusted with their causation of a possible cod extinction just to suit their own selfish, parasitic needs.

6. Rasputin12

Rasputin12 Member

And now we know it is due to self-righteous vegans.

As a cod lover, I'm disgusted with their causation of a possible cod extinction just to suit their own selfish, parasitic needs.

7. parmesh

parmesh Member

WRONG

8. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

[​IMG]

My thoughts on Vegans...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. luisantonio1014

red meat causes Cancer!!

nuff' said.... Shut It Down!!! watch Forks over Knives, for those interested.

Good job going Vegan, Arian Foster!

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Arian Foster.
    Biggest hipster on the Texans? :grin:

11. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Connor Barwin is the biggest hipster by far.

12. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

When Bill Walton first came to the NBA, he was a vegetarian. Carried a jug of carrot juice to the bench. He got hammered by most NBA centers till the TrailBlazers coaxed into incorporating a little meat into his diet. Went on to be a stud.
    Not sure of all the nutritional components but it's going to affect him.
    How much is anybody's guess.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Of course it is impossible to live on earth and not use animal products in some fashion, but it is not impossible to avoid putting their corpse flesh in your mouth, chewing it up, swallowing it, digesting it and sh***ing it out. The difference is that one is completely unavoidable as you pointed out and the other is not only unavoidable, it is just gross. As for dairy: mucus. Sick.

That's how I feel about it. For me. Everyone else can eat whatever they want. I don't care.

And it's been my experience that non-vegans are way more self-righteous toward vegans than the other way around. Your post is a case in point. I don't know why omnivores are so sensitive and defensive about my diet when I don't care about theirs but whatever.

14. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

There are judgmental vegans too. I know..I have been given their "Meat is Murder" pamphlets often (though it was more common some years back).

I don't care if my best friend, girlfriend, brother or anyone else is veggie, vegan, pescaterian or lacto-ovo whatever.

If you are toting the rock for my football team...I want you to eat whatever allows you to breakout for 200 plus all purpose yards per game. If that means milk fed veal raised in little crates or endangered species tortured and flown in from the rain forest so Arian can eat their corpse-flesh...I am down with that.

Hopefully Arian can eat what he wants and still perform at his peak...but I can't say I am thrilled with the idea of taking the chance.

15. parmesh

parmesh Member

Lots of dumbassery going on in here. Wow!

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If you eat fish and chicken and/ or consume various oils from animals you are not a vegan or a vegetarian.

A friend of mine falls in this annoying category -- she's a vegetarian, but she 'occasionally' eats chicken and fish. One night we were out and she was in veg mode and would only eat f'ing onion rings because the menu didn't have veg options. I asked her if she understood how much more unhealthy those 'vegetarian' onion rings were than any of the meat on the menu (fajitas/ etc.) -- she didn't get it... at all.

I did get it later, but that is another story.

17. Rasputin12

Rasputin12 Member

[​IMG]

Just proof that's needed in certain people's lives.

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

[​IMG]