1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowry Sets Goal To Join Top Tier Of Point Guards

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsRed14, Jul 18, 2012.

Tags:
?

Can lowry be a 1st tier point guard?

1. Yes

80 vote(s)
    46.0%
  2. No

94 vote(s)
    54.0%
  1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

i want you to post what i just asked. if you dont wamt to because of what youre about to br exposed for its cool dude. just keep avoiding my points lol

2. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

I could argue that he is better rebounder? Rondo is walking tripple double machine. The only thing Rose is better than Rondo is shooting.

3. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Rose would be on the same defensive level if he had another star with him. He burns most of his energy getting the offense going and making plays.

Even if WB is a better shooter and scorer he has a knack of jacking up shots and forcing things. Rondo wouldn't even be able to carry a team to an ecf like rose.

4. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Nash is 2nd tier. He is not a top 5 point guard in the NBA. Unless you're saying a tier is 10.

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

that dudes a fool lol. if he said that the injury might set him back he might have a ooint. byt he ysed 5 3pointers a game and missing ft as his reason why rose is suddenly not one of the better pgs lol. OH NO ROSE SHOT HIS 5TH THREE HE JUST RANKED DOWN FOR TRYING TO SCORE

6. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

They wouldn't be able to beat Indiana and Atlanta? It's East.

7. fkc20

fkc20 Member

Paul=Parker>Nash>Williams>Rondo>Lowry>Dragic>Lin
    I cannot accept the fact that Westbrook is a pg...

8. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Westbrook is 2nd best PG.

9. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I do think that Lowry has the potential and the drive to get there.

11. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Please change thread title to Sigmund on Rose. :)

12. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Honestly I wish him the best but I don't know how well he'll fare over in Toronto this year. If he played better defense and flopped less, I might say yes. He'll definitely be serviceable but then again Jose Caldron is still on the roster so not sure how that'll work out.

Sigmund, funny guy rating Rose as a falling off the top tier. If I could get him in any trade, I'd do that deal in a heart beat. He's a franchise player, you can build around him, but then again you troll pretty frequently so.. meh

Steve Nash is still a great PG maybe not the top 1 or 2 but in terms of running an offense and shooting he's very good at what he does. He's never been great defensively so that won't change at all but he's a huge upgrade for the Lakers over Fisher/Sessions.

13. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

Nash is one of the best PGs of all time. You are one of the best morons of all time.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Of course he wants to be, he just isn't that good. He's a good starting PG in this league, but he will never be considered the best at his position.

15. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Wow.... Paul is infinitely better than Parker who is elite but is more like James Worthy than a franchise point guard and Nash is not better than Rondo or Williams at this stage in his career....

This season Paul was the 3rd best player in the nba. Maybe 4th if Dwight wasn't injured. Have people forgotten Pauls 23/11/5.5/3 season? His 2008 and 2009 seasons were by far the best point guard seasons of the 2000s.

Anyway doubt Lowry makes it. He is 26 years old. Most people hit their peaks when they are 27-28. Nash is a weird exception. This is why I prefer Lin over Lowry and Dragic. Lin is only 23 and barely has any experience. Lowry and Dragic are 26 and have much more experience. Lin has more potential to be elite at this point.

16. donnie25od

donnie25od Member

Good trolling. Listing westbrook as a point guard was the first mistake. He is just short. He is as much a point guard as Iverson was.

17. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

We got a lotto.

18. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Westbrook is much better pure point than Rose. He was also most efficent scoring guard untill April.

19. QazQay

QazQay Member

Kyrie Irving is in the top tier

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Aint you the guy who said Derik Fisher is 1st teir and we will be sorry we waived him?:rolleyes: