1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Thomas taking over 76ers!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kiki, Jan 3, 2003.

1. thedreamisover

KT is on the Sixers for the same reason that Brent Price and Matt Maloney are still on the payroll. We have made numerous front office gaffes over the last few years. We had to let him go because we signed Moochie, Cato, and MOT, but we left Kenny T blowing in the wind. Kenny is not a black hole. He just became one this year because we dissed him so badly and he had to take care of himself. It's hard to blame him. He is about to be a free agent, and obviously we weren't going to make him an offer that he couldn't refuse. There are a lot of teams in the leage that are stupid enough to throw money at a guy with padded stats. We became one of them when we signed MOT. If we had locked KT up a few years ago, we would have gotten a great playe at a bargain-basemant rate. Instead we have no consistency at a position where we were previuosly "loaded".

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

We couldn't lock him up. You are allowed to sign a player after his 3rd year in the league. If you mean this past summer then I would say, what kind of contract would you offer him? I agree with you regarding MoT and Moochie. We paid too much for both. But, I don't know if KT is worth the money he will probably get from Philly. Let's give MoT till the end of the year. Maybe we can package him (if he plays well) and a few others in a blockbuster deal this summer. Like one that brings Garnett in town. Minnesota will miss the playoffs and is going to have to make a deal! We need big contracts to do a deal like that!

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What are the records of JPo's Rox and KT's 6ers? How much have they contributed to those records?

It seems to me two good players, two good guys helped balance two good teams.

KT should be taller and JPo should have a shot. So what?