1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League Game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dubious, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Morris again showed why he rode the bench last year. Why are so many still so high on this guy?

2. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

kings GM did after greene dropped 40

3. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

man. t-jones, lamb, donuts, parsons all looked really good out there. one thing i've learned over the course of this game: machado > fortson, lamb > morris (why was morris playing the 2?)

the starting lineup with our current roster (no lin, no d12, no asik)
    Machado
    Lamb/Kmart
    Parsons
    Patterson
    Donuts

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Great Start. Cant wait to see Ish the Dish and Zoran the lion-heart. Though why bother with Greg Smith?

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Okay.. My impressions game 1

D-mo looked pretty good - good positioning defensively... Off did well in the p n r ... Smooth shot from outside and did well running the court

Lamb - liked his driving and jump shots/floaters in the first half... Defensively okay on p n r ... Did decently on the couple of switches he had and getting under the screen when he needed to

Morris - looked better in the second half with machado next to him rather than fortson had some very good passes on the run... Defensively didn't see much to talk about but he did seem active on the def glass

Jones - had some good offensive moments driving in half court as well as starting the break... Defensively did well on the boards and held his own vs Acy and Orton when he had him a couple of times on a switch... Also looked like tj and d-mo had good comm down low

White - good passing... First half he tried to force a couple but looked decent... Looked good on the off boards as well ... Def end wasn't impressed as much

I'm going to watch again... So I'll probably add to this :)

#66 Hayesfan, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Unfortunately Morris has some block apparently from playing on a team in control. Please trade him for anything down to a backup mascot. The team comes unglued when he's in.

Now Slick (lamb) and donuts? Early but impressive. I'm rethinking the idea of the Rockets giving up some of this talent for a rent-a-center.

7. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

Anyone know why Patterson didn't play?

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

He's there for conditioning. Minutes aren't vital for him. They've got a game tomorrow, guys who didn't play will get there's then.

9. itony

itony Member

10. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

guys realize that D-Mo scored 25 points in 25 minutes. wtf. that's insane! he would have score like 35 points and gotten 11 board if this were a 48-minute game!

11. YDoof2

YDoof2 Member

12. hahachui

hahachui Member

I wont try it....Donut is much simple.

13. Toothless_Texan

Forston dreds looked like a newborn calf out there collapsing to the floor

14. Toothless_Texan

overall it looked like a D3 team against prep school

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is there some place where I can watch/download the entire game now that it is over? I didn't get a chance to see any of it.

16. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

My assessments after watching the game.

D-Mo - This guy can be the real deal. He showed great offensive awareness and touch around the basket. Did well on the pick and roll and didn't look like a rookie for sure compared to some of the other guys. Showed a nice stroke on all his outside shots. Overall very confident in his game. Of course I want to see how he does against real talent. Also as Webber mentioned on the air, lets see if his motor is always running at this rate or is it once and a while. Not to mention for a seven footer he runs the floor very well.

J. Lamb - Definitely cool and collected the whole time. Didn't seem flustered at all for being a rookie. Creates his own shot off the dribble or gets to the hole if he wants. Very please with what I saw tonight.

T. Jones - Might be a bit undersized for the PF but he is one hell of an athlete. He gets up and down the court has really great handles for a big guy. He also showed a little bit of range in the second half popping out for a three. He was hustling the whole time he was in there which was nice.

R. White - He was a bit disappointing to me but it's just the first game. His size was exposed when he couldn't get his shot off down low amongst bigger players. He hesitated and never really took a mid range shot when he had it. He definitely is a good passer and seemed to be getting everyone involved instead of trying to score. He did force a few passes he should not have in the first half. I give him an incomplete and really want to see what else he can bring to the table. He did show some nice signs as well as energy on the boards.

M. Morris - Not impressed at all with him. Between his horrible air ball 3 or his missed dunk he was just all over the place. He had some good passes on the break during the second half but he just didn't show me anything that would make me believe he would get playing time. It's the first game of course but still should have some experience playing in the D-League and should have stepped up.

S. Machado He is definitely a pass first PG and looked decent. Made some good mistakes but is a floor general for sure. I could see him as a backup or starting depending on the situation.

C. Fortson - This guy should be called "Chicken with his head cut off". He is horrible! All over the place and out of control. Doesn't run the offense at all and is looking for his own shot half the time. Not something I'm a fan of and definitely don't see him starting the next game. If he plays this horrible against summer league opponents why the hell would you bring him back for any other game. Just doesn't get it in my opinion. He didn't show me anything in the practice videos as well.

17. Nero

Nero Member

The game is about to start on NBATV right now

replay of course

12:30am

FYI

1 person likes this.
  18. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

Awesome. Thanks! :grin:

19. KB9

KB9 Member

...and Zoran? Why he didn't play yesterday and Will he get the chance today? what's the point of having him there on the bench anyway