1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: New trade offer in works (for Dwight Howard)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

2. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Would that hold up and eventually force them into a deal? Seems awfully risky.

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well if you don't like what I write, don't read it and waste my time.

4. claydavis

claydavis Member

interesting. Morey is lowballing big-time

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

How are you wasting time by him reading something you took the time to write? I mean, this is a serious brain teaser to me right now.

6. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

This makes a lot more sense to me. Seeing the ESPN trade proposal for Dwight I thought why the hell is Orlando still holding on to him. No way will any team offer what the Rockets were in that scenario.. That comment about Denver holding on to Carmelo until the trading deadline worries me. I don't want this crap to carry on into the season.

7. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

Does make more sense. However, I think DA is just trying to stir up controversy. I really dont see this running over into the season. Dwight has made it clear he does not want to be in Orlando. Even after a call, he is still adamant about leaving.

8. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

I'm a little scared of how low Morey is pitching. I'm all for that, but I don't want it to drag out too long to where others might jump in with offers the Magic are stupid enough to consider because they get delusional.

Like others in this thread have previously posted, I think things will be a little "quiet" until the offer sheets are settled. Once all of that is taken care of, things might heat up on the trade front again.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

They will take what Morey gives them and they will like it.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Stop pretending that your Miss Cleo.

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

good job morey , dont screw over our teams future and become a trash dump for orlando

12. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

Regarding @daldridgetnt report... 100% spot on. Houston not doing a deal as reported... too much

Via @stevekylerNBA

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

still the best offer on the market. Why pay more than you need to just out of inpatience?

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Let's get this straight... Draft night, we are pushing hard to package all 3 of our picks and Lowry + whatever to get in a position to ge in the top 5 to trade for Howard. Now, all of a sudden, we are only willing to give up 1 pick. Not buying it. It's the exact opposite of last night.

Last night was Orlando fans' wet dream, tonight is Houston fans'. Hopefully tomorrow we meet in the middle and a deal gets done.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Of course talks are dead right now and sides arent talking...we have to wait until the Lin and Asik situations are settled before we discuss specifics with the Magic.

Dwight will be a Rocket. Its just a matter of time.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

You're sounding like jopatmc :p

17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That's called rental price. It's not low-balling. There will be a bunch of draft picks involved and other players, but you don't give up most of your talent away for a rental. If that was the case a lot of teams would be lined up to get him and you see it ain't that many.