1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets consider amnestying Scola, as talks with the Magic grow "serious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 11, 2012.

1. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

landing dwight howard is the ONLY move that makes the rockets potentially contenders in the next 5 years.

without that move, just accept the fact that houston will not be relevant until about 2017 or so... when the heat and thunder start to fade and there is new young talent in houston good enough to dethrone those guys. LA and SA will be long gone by then.

morey should keep working at it. having the best center in the game is the only way to beat a team like miami or okc.

if we have dwight, we can offer him more than other teams to resign (means were in the drivers seat for S&T at least). it gives morey an entire year to shop him for the right price. if we keep dwight, we dramatically improve our chances to land another all star caliber player or two to team him with. think long term here. beggars cant be choosers.

#421 txppratt, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Curly

Curly Member

For some reason that just made me laugh.

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Not liking the idea of getting nothing for him and still having to pay him for it. This shouldnt even be a last option. Surely we can find someone to take a salary dump.

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

As you've pointed out, Martin's $12M is expiring at the end of 2012-13. Taking it a step further, Hedo (POpt for 2013-14) and Duhon would be $16M of expiring at the 2014 trade deadline.

Other than I dont think DH will ever wear a Rockets uniform, I don't have an opinion one way or another. But the contracts of the incoming players is not the death knell many believe.

5. sonnyiztheone

sonnyiztheone Member

we are stupid!!!!! F Dwight!

6. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

There hasn't even been a legitimate trade proposal that his been thrown out there. We are making decisions out of desperation? Do you even know what you are saying or talking about right now.

Its so funny watching people on this board panic, I haven't seen this much stupid commotion in the 5 years I've been reading this board.

7. Possum

Possum Member

Why is everyone freaking out? We have no idea what Morey has offered or will accept. He's put us in the number one position to get one of the best players in the NBA in just a couple of years. He knows what he is doing. everyone needs to be patient. Trust in Morey, he's not going to move forward with this team in a dead end rut.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Scold has his weaknesses but he has been a warrior for us for many years. He also said he wants to stay with the Rockets. Instead, we will possibly waive him to make a room for a disgruntled star who does not want to be here and is coming off major back surgery, who is likely to play sporadically here while rehabbing for his next major contract elsewhere.

Nothing wrong with the above picture.

9. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

^^ AMEN! I'd rather have us go the bold and risky route (which is what Morey is doing sorta) than the play it safe route. It's all fine and dandy to have role players... even players that may have more upside than that of a role player, but I want us to go out and catch that big fish!

As I have said previously in other threads, if Dwight Howard bolts and we're left with less than what we started with before acquiring him, well, I guess we'll all cross that bridge at that time... But I applaud Morey for what he's doing... He's being bold and taking a risk, taking a true gamble, that could pay huge dividends or not... We'll just have to see what pans out.

In Morey I Trust! :)

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't worry, it's not. I'm working on a serious attitude adjustment. I'm getting up from the keyboard right now to delve into it further. More research is needed!

11. Possum

Possum Member

Read the whole thread before making baseless emotional outbursts. :rolleyes:

12. phishphreak

phishphreak Member

Surely we could get a pick for him in a trade

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

FTFY.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Simple statement. Speaks volumes. I agree.

15. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Tim Duncan as well.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, being rational is "freaking out" Haha. nice.

I don't care if Morey is Jerry West. You take on Howard with a bunch of bad contracts and give up whatever picks we acquired and it is dooming us to another decade of mediocrity.

Anyone who thinks Orlando is going to give us Howard without fleecing us doesn't get that we're the ones desperate to acquire him, Orlando isn't desperate to get rid of him. Instead, Orlando is desperate not to look like they traded Howard away for nothing and look really bad.

I really think getting Howard is a huge mistake. There are smart gambles, and then there are stupid ones. No matter how you slice it, this one is a stupid one. Howard isn't going to stick around here and all this does it delay us from getting back to the limelight by at least a few years.

17. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

nice post

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

What are the chances of Scola landing with a contender ? What would a team picking him up have to pay salary wise ? The money teams have to spend is drying up.

19. Possum

Possum Member

Im sorry I wasn't aware you were an insider. I didn't know you knew exactly what it is Orlando is asking for.:rolleyes:

20. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Only on clutchfans where, no matter what happens, nothing will make anyone happy