1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets consider amnestying Scola, as talks with the Magic grow "serious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ooooook makes sense

2. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

The Magic are just gonna toy with us for a little bit. I'm predicting Rob Heinnigan is taking a page straight out of the Denver Nuggets' playbook on trading superstars:

Step 1: Act like you aren't interested
    Step 2: Open negotiations
    Step 3: Pretend to make progress to ratchet up offers from other teams
    Step 4: Break off negotiations
    Step 5: Repeat steps 3 & 4 multiple times to maximum effect
    Step 6: Frustrate other teams until they are willing to overpay
    Step 8: Accept highest trade offer
    Step 9: Profit

3. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

This is just effed up!

Poor Scola!

So does Morey not realize we will be Orlando 2.0, the team he is trying to walk away from?

What do you think we are giving?

Scola (essentially), Martin, Lamb or Royce, Jones, DMo, Tor 1st, our 1st and 2nd?
    WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much IMO

4. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

But with better scouting and drafting.....a gm who is creative and aggressive.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yessir

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Don't we have to essential trade nearly equal salaries? How do we get Howard and a couple of their over-priced vets and they get our young guys? Isn't that a huge differential which would/should negate the trade being approved?

7. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Brooke Lopez contract getting locked in today changed most if not all of that leverage

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

it isn't this season that he's expressly concerned with.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

So we get rid of our best players, give away our young players and draft picks to Orlando, we take Orlando's worst contracts, and we get to kiss Dwight's ass for a year before he walks. Morey is a genius.

10. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

that's just terrible....

11. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Pretty sure morey has some more moves to surround Howard...but none ofbthat can happen until we get him...the suspense is killing me...if wesee scola with the amnesty tag then it means we already have a deal in place with magic...morey would not do that unless he has a commitment from Orlando..I'm sure if we taking on 3 players Orlando will jump on that...what more could they want...

12. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Read that and suddenly became terrified. We are bending over hard for Orlando.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Evn if Dwight leaves this will help bottom is out or help us grab a bad contract like Boozer, Gay.

14. donnie25od

donnie25od Member

This.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was wondering the same thing

Rocket River

16. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

He won't walk.:cool:

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'll happily take on the JRich contract...thats not a problem. Same goes for Duhon. We need backcourt players, so that works.

Hedo contract sucks, but I guess its one year shorter than Scola's, so its whatever.

My only concern is what we have to give up...I want to keep either Lamb or White. Dont want to lose both.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why don't you wait til things pan out before you assume things will happen like this? :rolleyes:

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Scola is twice the man that Howard is. Would be a damn shame to have to amnesty him. It's hard to believe frankly. I thought we could at least get a 2nd rounder for him, But it sounds like there's no takers. Begs the question, if we take on all those bad contracts, how in the hell would we build around Howard? I just don't like it. Very conflicted.

Howard doesn't deserve Houston.

20. DaneB

DaneB Member

Are we really going to be able to put together a good team around Dwight within a year if we are stuck with three of his teammates for two years?! I'm assuming we won't have much cap space, nor will we have many tradeable assets. Don't get me wrong, we will have to sacrifice to get him, but I'm not really aware of the cap situation...