1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The dimemag on last nights game. Eddie not feeling well?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shot caller, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

The T-Wolves and Rockets had at it, allowing us to see Kevin Garnett and Yao Ming go head-to-head. But before we get to that, <b>we gotta send a get-well card to Eddie Griffin because he has to be down in the gutter after Da Big Ticket put on him one of the nastiest up-and-unders ever (plus the foul) early in the game.</b> For the game, KG won the personal battle with Yao as he went for 25 points, 16 boards, 5 dimes and 5 thefts to Yao’s 9 points, 12 boards and 3 dimes. But the Rockets won the game ... Frustrated that his team gave up a 19-0 run, Garnett lightly pushed the Rockets’ mascot playfully and he Vlade Divaced to the floor. Said Garnett: “The only mascot I don't like is that coyote in San Antonio. I was just playing with the mascot here.” This might have lead to a Garnett/Marbury type war of words situation, but unfortunately mascots can’t speak ...

http://www.dimemag.com/smack.asp

As usual, being in Dallas, I missed the game. Did Eddie really get postered like that?
    I read in the recap that Eddie had a nice dunk on Garnett, guess he redeemed himself?

2. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

That would be a nice block, not a dunk, by Eddie.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

geeez..

yao and KG didn't go at each other last night.
    KG was guarded by EG most of the night.

Maybe they should put as much time into their research as they put into coming up with stupid nicknames for the players..:rolleyes:

4. OT

OT Member

I'm with you R2K. If they would do a little reading before posting, the post counts would go way down because they would already have their answers and we would have to waste our time reading their posts.

5. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

KG is a beast. Just look at his all around game. As far as fantasy basketball is concerned, he is THE MAN. But, Ming is The Dynasty. He is in a league of is own!

6. The Fever

The Fever Member

I was at the game last night, KG never posterized Eddie. In fact, in the midst of the 19-0 run, Eddie blocked a KG dunk attempt that was friggin sweet. Rox got the ball back and ran down for a fast break deuce.

Eddie shot like 3-5 last night, so it was an improvement over what he has done recently.

7. Th3rdCoast211

Th3rdCoast211 Member

I think Mo Taylor may be able to hold KG better!