1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragic GONE!!! Goran signs 4-year, $30M deal with Phoenix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rafi, Jul 4, 2012.

1. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

this is spiraling wildly out of control. wowwowowow

2. landon7

landon7 Member

Yea it's 7.5$ mil with 1$ mil all-star bonus (he'll never be an all star w/ suns). I guess he wanted to go to PHX all along, it is known that he kept an apartment from his times with Suns so he really liked it there. We still got solid starting point guard in Lowry (if he can "get happy") for much less money and a far better team than Suns (they traded for Beasley?! c'mon injury prone guy to team up with Gortat..) so I'm ok with Gogi leaving for Phoenix although I was hoping he would stay.. MOVE ON

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The better player, Kyle Lowry, makes less than 6 million a year.

Fantastic decision Daryl Morey.

Kyle Lowry
    Jeremy Lamb
    Chandler Parsons/Marcus Morris
    Royce White/Donatas Motiejunas
    Omer Asik/Marcus Camby
    ---------------------

will tear up the NBA before long...

Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and Patrick Patterson NEED to be traded for picks, or solid young players. Keep shuffling until we find special talent, like we found with Lowry and Parsons. Don't risk our future with expensive mediocre players. DO NOT PAY JEREMY LIN, DO NOT PAY DRAGIC, DO NOT PAY LEE. Stay the course, and keep on shuffling until we find a diamond, or several, in the rough.

Royce White
    Jeremy Lamb
    Donatas Motiejunas

Watch out for these guys...

I am so freaking excited to see this team play. Lowry and Lamb's outside shooting, combined with Parson and White's dribble penetration and versatility, combined with Asik and Camby's interior defense= ORGASM...

I suspect we will use Royce White and Chandler Parsons as the backup PGs...

#443 RudyTBag, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  4. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Morey is the pursuit of the perfect manager, but is not suitable for NBA, Morey always seemed too smart to make nearly all people unhappy , for a long time, no one wants to deal with him, NBA circle is very small

5. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

If I were Morey, this is the first thing I would've played for Gogi when I showed up on his doorstep with a new iPad. Hell, he should've had the Red Rowdies standing behind them singing the chorus. How could Dragic have refused that?

Anyways, I think that if we had already traded Lowry then Dragic would've been more inclined to stay with us. But who can blame him for wanting to be guaranteed the starting gig and not having to split time for the next few seasons? Best wishes Goran.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kevin McHale desperately wanted Dragic back next year. Rockets players did, too. But they will try to get Lin. Knicks insist they'll match.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/220751079447597056" data-datetime="2012-07-05T05:28:53+00:00">July 5, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Would also be fun to watch Lowry and McHale go at it all season. SMH

8. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

What's your point?

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well Morey cant strike out again unless he tries. He certainly cant strike out anymore than he already has. So might as well keep swinging away. Bound to be one that connects out of a hundred.

10. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

11. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Technically is Asik actually signed. I thought players couldnt sign until July 11th

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

McHale may be feeling a bit of pressure right now.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

When Aaron Brooks won the MIP award and was bound to get paid, we traded him for Dragic. Now that it's Gogi's turn to get paid.. the organization let him go. I say, Les Alexander sure is a businessman. I want an owner who's passionate about the game and his team.

14. Raven

Raven Member

Players do not like the org. How much more obvious can it freaking be. If Morey had prioritized Dragic, really made a hard sell, he'd still be here.

15. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

I'd rather live in Phoenix than Houston any day. Also, he gets all the playing time in the world instead of sharing with Lowry. Still, I wish we would have kept him. I enjoy seeing not black people on the court. It's hard to say that without sounding racist so I'm not even going to try and defend myself on that hahaha

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Man, really wanted Gogi to be on this team long term. Oh well, time to move on. At this pace, hoping Morey would go on a full rebuild mode. Being a Rocket fan is just heart breaking for the past decade or so.

17. gogigorangone

gogigorangone Member

That's it. I am out of here. Thanks for not signing Gogi. Suns it is :)

18. Felece

Felece Member

Well.... It is gogigoran....GONE....

Cya later

I'll still enjoy my #14 pick every year

19. gogigorangone

gogigorangone Member

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Are there any good news for the Rockets this offseason we went from getting to Dwight, resigning Gogi to Lin, to possibly signing no one essential. It is looking like the Rockets will need to hire a lot of sports psychologists for Scola, Martin and Lowry. Wish you luck Gogi, just not against the Rockets.