1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rox just trying to get an All Star for the 2013 game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Utah Dreamer, Jun 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ejarts

ejarts Member

Intruder ALERT:
    Thread poster's name is "Utah Dreamer."

2. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

yup. forget the championships.

3. Utah Dreamer

Utah Dreamer Member

I meant they stay longer than a year (if that's their contract). Howard played with Orlando for 8 years. His camp has said he would leave us after 1.

4. Pocket Rockets

so then why did dwight opt in for another season if he couldve been a free agent now and signed with Brooklyn?

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You ask a good question. The answer from the Dwight camp is: "Dwight doesn't want to be a bad guy"

6. Utah Dreamer

Utah Dreamer Member

I feel you dog. I want to swing for the fences too. We could trade for a top 5 pick, or clear cap room and sign one of these divas for 5+ years.

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

...and that is why Orlando holds on to him.No way they come in and move Howard,first week on the job.I think they do everything possible to convince him he belongs in Orlando.

8. Pocket Rockets

lol i dont buy it

and if his back injury is worse then they let on, he doesn't get a contract

He wants the large contract first and foremost but will be ok to play for another team

9. Utah Dreamer

Utah Dreamer Member

btw there's lots to love about Utah, but I will take any suggestions to help arrange a different outcome for that Stockton shot in 97

10. NeonTiger

NeonTiger Member

Hands down, pants down

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Lebron: "....and then he said they stay if you draft them or sign them.."

Melo: :grin:

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

****in' rooks man.

13. Utah Dreamer

Utah Dreamer Member

that's funny, but sorry i meant they stay for an extended period of time. lebron and melo both were obligated to stay with their teams for at least 7 years (2 from the draft and 5 from contract signings). dwight has the free right to walk from houston in 1 year if this rental trade goes through.

who knows what's going to happen though. maybe DM will acquire DH and flip him for a bigger fish (???). I can't wait until tonight!

14. HPD

HPD Member

Love the Tracy mcgrady pics...

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not convinced he's going to stay either. I was against it initially. However, there is a chance he'll stay if the team becomes a contender. Obviously that would require morey to land another impact player and keep or land a third. Then, the team would still need help around those guys. It won't be easy, but he's easily accumulated more trade bait than any other team and that gives him a chance. If he pulls that off, why on earth would deron and DH leave? The world would turn on them worse than they did with Lebron.

Even if they leave, we'll be forced into "tanking", which sucks, but would gives us high picks for a year or two.