1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier is a coward

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Jun 14, 2012.

1. smr6

smr6 Member

He did this every game when he was a Rocket and we all loved him. He hasn't changed so why should our opinion of him change when he didn't leave here, the front office got rid of him.

2. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I hate LeBron and the Heat and hope OKC wins. With that said, if the Heat win I will love watching Battier get a ring, he seems to be a true class act and I love watching him play good in the Finals.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Do not want Rudy Gay.

4. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Get over it. Its time.

5. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I'm so glad I never played organized bball with you. People who haven't played basketball at any level don't know how important that dirty hustle guy is that hits his 2 or 3 shots he gets per game.

Those guys are the hardest to guard since they have such a high motor.

Faried, battier, Haslem, Taj Gibson, Brandon Bass, Chuck hayes

6. Nook

Nook Member

How so? Morey wasn't even the GM at the time Battier was dealt.

7. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Houston fans are a fickle bunch when players leave us for whatever reason. Look at how many of them turned on former Texans players these past few months despite the cap causing them to leave in the first place.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

CD seemed like the guy who was always reaching for the superstar or high ceiling player like drexler, barkley, pipen, francis, EG etc. Battier seems more like a morey move.

9. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

10. thething

thething Contributing Member

Sefolosha, not Gay. CD would have screwed it up even worse.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Battier comes through again.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good for battier, i'm glad he's having success.

13. SacTown

SacTown Member

Rockets Pride = World's Worst Thread Starter

14. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Battier is a consummate professional, and I hope he retires a Rocket.

15. misterNguyen

misterNguyen Member

We weren't going to draft Rudy Gay for ourselves anyways. He cost us Sefolosha ;)

16. parmesh

parmesh Member

What is Selfish Lotion ? ? ?

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

It was a Morey move. According to some sources ALexander and CD were ecstatic about being able to get Gay, but DM bought them all ipods and convinced them otherwise (I'm not sure the Ipad was invented yet+he was just an assistant GM).

Anyway Battier's play right now validates that move 1000x, look how big of a role he's playing on the Heat right now despite the fact that its been several years since DM traded for him. He was brought in to complement our two stars, and if only Yao Ming didn't have glass feet and if only Tmac didn't have a glass heart we'd probably have been in the finals as well.

Honestly, I don't really understand all the Gay love here. Has Rudy Gay done something amazing his entire career? All I remember him doing is being one of the worst defenders in the league, and then signing for max money. In fact, Battier replaced him last season and the Grizz went on a tear, took OKC to 7 games. Gay came back this year and the Grizz couldn't even get past the first round. I guess strictly speaking he's better than the CURRENT Battier, but Gay's getting paid 15M a year while Battier is making the minimum. Even when Battier wasn't making the minimum, he was making half the amount Gay is making now. So what's the issue here? If we got Gay all he would have done is suck on the court, been benched for having no D, and then leave us for max money elsewhere.

LOL I dunno why I even bother explaining this, apart from Memphis guys like what everyone who rages about the Gay trade don't understand things like salary, team defense, cap numbers and can only see highlight reel clips and buzzer beater shots.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3cPeGvRsiCc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3cPeGvRsiCc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Would trade any one player on our roster and a pick for Gay.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That damn coward is busy helping the Superfriends win a championship.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

11 of 15 from three for the series....15 of 24 the last 4 games.