1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ridiculous frisbee shots..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by magnetik, May 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Listen, that yoyo is actually right, anyone can do what that guy did given enough time and effort. No respect or appreciation is neccessary or required on this board.

But I would bet that he (guy in the video) would hit more hole-in-ones than your average joe. That is all I'm saying. I'm NOT saying he can go up against the pros tomorrow and hit a couple of h-n-1s. I am saying he has a lot better chance than most people new to the sport.

And I would still take him on my team...tomorrow even. His approach and putting would be money in the bank.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

what don't i understand? I've played ultimate and disc golf tons. What am I missing?

3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

None of y'all on here could do those tricks so until I see a video of y'all doing it, shut up and respect.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

He plays ultimate frisbee and his name is Brodie. Shocker.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

The first syllable of his name is pronounced like "brah"

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, I have done some of them. A half court hammer of a backboard into a hoop is no more difficult than doing it with a basketball. Walking a wall with a forehand is not that difficult...the frisbee *wants* to do it...then it's just a matter of lining up the trash can. The pool skip is easy.

If you think I'm disrespecting his throwing ability and amazing accuracy, well...I'm not.

I'm just saying do not "respect" him so much that you disrespect golfers out there. What he is doing at less than 90 feet does not translate that well to hole-in-ones into a chain basket when diving hammers won't work nearly as well.

7. ashiin

ashiin Member

I don't think anybody implied that, at least not from any of the posts I've seen so far. It's like saying a guy who does great basketball trick shots is great at basketball, so yes I do agree with you but the respect still goes for the trick shots.

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

seems less douchey in the unplanned #1 one. So, I like that one

9. heypartner

check this out...Brodie against Duke students with basketballs

this looked like fun

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2JwV3cAowD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

sorry I'm not into the "ultimate" lingo but what's a hammer?

on that last video where they both hit back to back with the bball and frisbee from the rafters was sweet.

11. The Bird

The Bird Member

I thought Dude Perfect were from A&M?

12. heypartner

A tomahawk throw is what we used to call it. I never liked the word "hammer." It's the over the head throw he makes. It's a very useful throw in Ultimate, because you can throw over the defense, but you have to have good "receivers" (which is not Ultimate lingo ;)) since it isn't the easiest throw to catch.

oops, i read the title wrong.

13. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

weaksauce compared to this guy
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-YX6MZXTBlY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Some real frisbee action/violence

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=70bd4c04537b" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

the way the guy looks at the camera like he is some kind of badass once the frisbee goes in is annoying. also basketball is played with a ball not a frisbee.

the last one with the boat from bridge was nice.

Have you seen the video of jets flying low? I was just showing it to my son and I thought this thread might be appropriate:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a_OJ8LwRBak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

I'm impressed.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think he just had more fun with the speedboat one than difficulty; if he can throw the disc in a general area and the speed boat can steer there, the real accomplishment is the guy at the end. I guess to him the wind resistance and logistics of it are what make him happier it went off well.

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

What movie and scene is that song from? Seem to remember it in a darker setting.

19. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Cause if you are a badass Ultimate guy ...you can fly a Hawker Harrier?

Now if Brodie could knock down an F-18 Hornet doing a low fly-by, that would be sweet ...other than the death part ...or the part about wasting tax dollars ...but other than...sweet.

#39 krosfyah, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Good to see Dynamo goalkeeper Tally Hall throwing some flat objects around for a change. :eek: