1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you could be a professional athlete in any one major sport, what would it be?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Classic, May 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Bellaire Brody

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

World Champion Chess Master.

You are considered one of the smartest guys on the planet, you get to beat up on Rooskies, and you have a built-in excuse for any eccentric behavior you want to engage in. Not to mention all the chess groupies.

3. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Golf. Only well-respected sport where you can be fat and old and still maintain a high level of play.

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

It's easy

Boxing: Heavyweight Champ. Baddest man in the world, $$$$, great body, women. Only negative is the hits you MIGHT take.

Bball: being the man (last shot),$$$,endorsements, great teammates, women, popular overseas

MLB: $$$, not very taxing

Punter/kicker : easy money, no one knows you

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I can't believe all of the people saying this. An MLB season is brutal. Baseball players play 162 games in 178 days. That's 6 days of work most weeks, and as many as 13 days in a row. A lot of that is outside in the heat of the summer, which can be brutal if you play in the South or St. Louis. It's much more taxing than a skill position (other than running back) in football. Baseball players longevity is because skills hold up with age better than athleticism, and not because it's easier on their body.

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

"Lady, I'm not an athlete. I'm a professional baseball player."

--Jon Kruk

7. supdudes

supdudes Member

As a male...

Double luge.

(It's cool, Obama supports it as well) :grin:

8. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Have you seen the golfers on tour now? 95% of these guys are physically fit athletes. Sure some champions tour members are fat, but many former athletes are. Just look at guys like Villegas, D. Johnson, Sergio, etc. (Mickelson and his t*** don't count... too old)

9. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Why do people complain that NBA/MLB/ and NFL player are over paid .... when they have to go through a grueling season.

Then you have movie actors making $20 mil or boxer making $20 mil for one movie/fight. Boxers train for probably 3 months and actor probably film for 3-4 months. Then most fans only see them that one time to perform.

Nobody complains about actors .... and I know the movie industry is huge but so is Sports.

You think is harder to make $1 mil per game for NFL player or film an episode of a popular sitcom.

10. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Didnt say anything about being the best. Mickelson does count. Golf is still the least taxing on your body. Excluding "sports" like pool and bowling.

11. Classic

Classic Member

I chose MLB as my top choice. I figure I can have a few careers in my lifetime. Sports could be one for 20 years. MLB provides that flexibility up until i'm about 40, potentially. Golf would be great for the longevity of the lifestyle. If I really wanted the celeb status while i'm in my prime that can come with being an athlete, how do you pass up being NBA or a Euro soccer stud?

Traveling all over Europe as an outta control baller def has its appeals.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

MLB all the way.

NBA second.
    Rally racing would be kind of cool too.

13. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

SG in the NBA.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Head - MLB

Heart - Olympic marathoner/miler I would love to be the next Prefontaine.

16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

if it was to just chill and get rich I would chose closing pitcher, you only are in the game 1 or 2 innings, and sometimes you dont even play.

But since I dont like baseball that much, I would pick basketball, It would be great playing in the NBA, I wouldnt mind being the 7th or 8th man in the rotation.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

soccer would be good cause you don't have to be super tall you can be normal height/size and still be good which means it won't be awkward dating short girls etc.

downside is that you have a really short offseason.

I'd still go with soccer though, you'd get all the european girls, you'd also have the chance to become a hero of a whole nation if you win a world cup.

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

baseball.

least injury.

most skill based.

most money imo.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I initially thought NBA, but I'd rather pick longer career and lesser burnout-prone sport after reading these opinions. Baseball or golf sounds nice.

You'd have legions of women who'd adore you.

Yet not one among them who would want to **** you....

20. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

pga, dolla dolla bills, yall.

[​IMG]