1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isnt this Forum for Rockets FANS???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JasonDurbin32, Dec 15, 2002.

1. JasonDurbin32

JasonDurbin32 Member

the past couple of threads i have read and have noticed everybody getting down on the rockets. regardless what the standings say and whatever else the statistics say... i think the rockets are one of the best teams in the nba..and no i do not think steve francis should be traded....speaking of that...put it this way steve francis haters.....Steve Francis in my opinion is the best point guard the rockets have ever had...and now some of you people want to trade him..thats really stingy of a fan i think... how about we just suck it up and no matter how much you disagree how the Houston Rockets are playing...to still be there right behind them like a real Rocket Fan should...what do yall think????

2. leofff

leofff New Member

sf is not stable in game.It is very fatal in playoff.and his defense is too bad.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nobody is jumping off the bandwagon. Part of being a fan is following the Rockets even when they aren't very good. I watched them before they won the titles, and I've watched them the last couple of years.

But being a fan also means being knowledgeable. And sometimes it's just reality that they don't play well. But I will keep supporting them and watching them no matter what.

4. Panda

Panda Member

So many years the Rockets got by without a good point guard, now the fans forgot what a real good point guard can bring to the table.

5. SFrancis3

SFrancis3 Member

Why is it that whenever the Rockets win the blame goes to Francis and when they win it's now because of Yao Ming. Francis is not the sole reason for the 2 recent losses. Maybe Ming shouldn't have turned the ball over 10 times in the past two games?

6. SFrancis3

SFrancis3 Member

Why is it that whenever the Rockets lose the blame goes to Francis and when they win it's now because of Yao Ming. Francis is not the sole reason for the 2 recent losses. Maybe Ming shouldn't have turned the ball over 10 times in the past two games?

Sorry about the previous message, i put win twice.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

exactly, but that's the way it goes when half the people bashing steve are fans of yao ming and could care less about the rest of the rockets. you know what, yao would be the first to tell you that the team takes the loss, not the individual. as awesome as ming is, do people realize how horrible this team would be without steve at pg? as is they're 5th seed and have exceeded any realistic expectations going into the season. be glad we have 2 superstars to build around.

8. MASTERASIA

MASTERASIA Member

Good for you!:rolleyes: But us other fans will speak our minds like it or not.

9. MASTERASIA

MASTERASIA Member

Because his turnovers did not cost the team the game at the end! Don't you watch the game? Guess not, so stop being judgemental! No one is blaming Steve every game. It was obvious Steve was the main guy the cost the team the game against Memphis. Steve is not getting blame every lost. So far we have Mobley, Eddie ect that cost the team a lost and there isn't anything wrong with it when people want ot discuss about it.

You have an ignore list. If you people don;t like what you hear, use it. So let us people discuss our thoughts in peace without you people's b!itching.

10. Miggidy Markell

I feel your pain, this place goes rabid with the same a$$ clowns dissing everything the Rockets do. I mean, I hear it again and again and again. Kinda like that movie "Ground Hog Day". I guess people just like to waste their time typing the same ol' tasteless stuff they post every other time. I guess that's why I don't have a high post count like DaDakota or KidRock8. Maybe I should start dissing Francis some more and get my post count higher......

11. AcBrave

AcBrave Member

u know nothing **** about rockets!!

and u r not a rockets fan!!! please get the hell out of here!!!

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well the fact is Yao is a rookie and nobody expects him to make great decisions and play great all the time. But Francis has been in the leauge a few years now, he simply should not be making the same stupid mistakes.

I bet if you go back to Francis' first couple of years people just talked about how awesome he was.

13. AcBrave

AcBrave Member

F*** that, YM had 6 TOs in the game against Memphis!!!!
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

14. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

No, just after every loss...

This board isn't for Rockets fans, it's for people who want Steve Francis to be traded....hmmm, maybe somebody should start another board. :)

15. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

6 TOs is way too much for Yao.
    SF's average is 3.86. top of NBA.

16. MASTERASIA

MASTERASIA Member

You know what, you look sooo STUPID and I think you're going to explode. Use your head and state your reasons and back it up with your facts instead of having your head up Stevie's @ss!!! LOL!!

17. Miggidy Markell

Didn't he just state a reason? Who looks stupid now? Maybe YOU should get your head out of Yao's a$$.....

18. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

So you think Steve lost the game in Memphis? Steve was the one to send the Rockets into overtime with his last second shot. And if you think 6 TO does not contribute to the loss of the game, then you are a fvcking idiot.

BTW, in response to your post towards AcBrave, I think you need to get your head out of Yao Ming's ass.

What's sad is that these Yao Ming only fans refuse to open their damn eyes and are adamant about placing blame on anyone else but Ming when the Rockets lose. :rolleyes:

19. Elvis Costello

You know what was nice about Hakeem Olajuwon? He came from Nigeria before the internet age! Yao Ming is becoming one of my favorite players, but a lot of his fans (as opposed to being Houston Rockets fans) are about the most tedious and ill-informed people I have ever encountered. It's so depressing to read this forum now. Even though the team is really promising and has performed pretty well this season the board has deteriorated to the point that it is indistinguishable from any other lame basketball BBS. The constant whining and preposterous trade proposals need to stop. I think we all need to ask ourselves, especially given the increased server costs to Clutch: is there are a compelling reason to post? Do we really need another knee-jerk thread calling for trades after a few bad games? Have we sorted out that Elton Brand is not coming here for Mo Taylor and a Gallery Furniture coupon? Can we stop blaming Steve Francis for all of the evils of recorded history? Has Yao Ming been inducted into the Hall of Fame yet? I know, I know...Mr. Pot just called the kettle black...I'll stop now...as you were..

20. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

ehhh... don't be so hard on them, Elvis. Think of it as "entertainment." Besides which, if many "new" Yao fans are indeed basketball illiterate, what better way to introduce them to basketball than through Rocket bball?

I think, for reasons of "nationalistic" pride, the whole "Yaomania" thing is taken to an extreme. Notice how you hardly hear of "Wang Zhi Zhi" threads? The "national" fans are about as quiet on the matter as Martha Steward is about her stock trades. Well anyways, my point is that, I guess a lot of people now have someone they can root for as a "national" figure, and that's how they see it... for now. But over time, i'd think the zealousness and stupidity will wane, and they'll realize... wow, SF REALLY IS GOOD.... Mooch IS really a class act... CAT has great hair... etc.

i.e. whereas developing a real appreciation for things takes time.... zealotry doesn't take much time at all.

Whoa! I'm starting to sound like Confucious.

I better stop.

:D

theSAGE