1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

sleep paralysis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WhoMikeJames, Mar 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Is there anything worse than this? I've been suffering this combined with exploding head syndrome recently and it's driving me crazy.

A few weeks ago, as I started to take an afternoon nap, I heard the whizzing sound in my head and thought here we go again. Tried to fight out of it, but then I looked at my ceiling and I had a freaking out of body experience. I felt myself fly up to the ceiling and then I woke up. Absolutely insane. Thankfully I haven't had many scary hallucinations yet.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. heads.up

heads.up Member

Thank you for posting this at 2:35 in the am. Now how am I going to sleep??

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sorry, spoiler-ed my post. I suggest doing the same or deleting the quotation in yours.

6. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I used to be scared to sleep on my stomach, fearing that I was gonna suffacate to death. Sometimes I would try to turn over but I couldn't move.

7. uchlha

uchlha Member

sleep paralysis is normal, your body paralyzes ur body so that you dont act out your dreams.. just try to wake up without panicing

8. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I get these regularly- I used to freak out and try to fight out of it with all my might- especially after that vibrational train noise- now (while sometimes I still try to fight out of it) I just give in and go along for the ride- like riding a wave. It can be really cool when you don't freak out, you hallucinate such realistic out of body experiences and go on amazing though sometimes freaky journeys. The hardest part is convincing yourself that your not dead, that your body did not give out last night and that it's just a hallucination caused by sleep paralysis.

and yet I still don't compeltley understand how we can hallucinate stuff that seem so physical and real- it is absolutely amazing

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sleep paralysis is caused 16th dimensional beings called the 'Black Shadows' -- they are studying humans and slowing taking our protoculture.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

12. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

How do you guys get an out of body experience? I've been in sleep paralysis before and kind of felt myself drifting away in my head but it was so scary that I would wake up.
    If I just try to remain calm, will I end up going into that state? Not trying to really go there, but I've always wondered if that's the next step before you do have an experience like that.

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lucid dreams more than make up for sleep paralysis. Ever had that?

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

YES YES YES YES YES

Most awesome experience of all time. Too bad I only do it by accident but I had like 5 in my life time. It's really hard to maintain though.