1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets among teams interested in Chris Kaman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nadman89, Jan 27, 2012.

1. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I want Xavier Henry to be included in any Kaman deal we would make with the Hornets.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
    [rQUOTEr]Hearing HOU is interested in Chris Kaman. Not surprised. Don't think there is a legit center in the league the Rockets aren't interested in[/rQUOTEr]

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Caveman is coming...

[​IMG]

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Kaman would honestly be the perfect backup center for Dalembert. Dalembert getting 25-30 and Kaman getting about 20 a game would be a fantastic frontcourt, alongside Scola/Patterson with a similar arrangement.

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I totally agree. He could definitely help us towards the playoffs and he doesn't hurt your cap space this summer since his contract is expiring.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    [rQUOTEr]Most teams have found Hornets asking price for Kaman too high. "They were asking for draft picks, cap space and a young player," one executive says.[/rQUOTEr]

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I bet we get a deal done because Morey knows he really needs to consolidate his pieces into something which improves the team. Would you give up multiple second rounders, Budinger, and Hill?

8. djimi

djimi Member

Chris Kaman does not want to be a backup, i watched a bit of NO game couple weeks back and they were saying he wants to start, stating he's unhappy coming off the bench. you sure you want someone like that on your team? Orlando is really sucking it up now, they got blown out by NO tonight.....can you imagine how good the Rockets will be if he's playing here with our starting lineup with Dalembert as the backup? Sounds like a dream though

9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

For an expiring contract?

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Not that I would but can the Rockets trade the Knicks #1 pick?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

2nd round picks, Budinger and HIll for Kaman?

Absolutely. Now I know the Rockets have found guys like Landry, Budinger and Parsons in the 2nd round but...yeah I'd still do it.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Dalembert is playing better than Kaman in my opinion. But maybe you could have Kaman take about half the minutes at the 5 and edge toward 25 per game.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trade Thabeet, Jhiil, Twill, and Flynn forbhim.

DD

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

I doubt NO takes that deal. You probably have to include Budinger. :cool:

15. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Chase will be gone

16. cod

cod Member

They can have Thabeet, T-Will, Flynn, and Adrien. No Picks for NO. In fact I want a pick from the Hornets too. They can take it or leave it.

I'd only do it if Kaman's contract is still eligible for trade at the deadline.

17. AggieRocketFan96

Wonder if Rockets would trade a package around KMart for Kaman? Interesting that both players sat out of their games tonight. Yeah, yeah, KMart was "injured"

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That 14 million IS justifiably more valuable going into THIS offseason. Our scrubs aren't going to get it done. Although, this could very well be Stern's "Makeup Call"... Definitely trade for Caveman's expiring if the price is right.

Also, when healthy. Caveman is better than Sam ....different game, true ..but also better.

I understand why they're asking so much. It doesn't mean they won't settle for a bit less.

#38 Plowman, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

get Kaman and than flip him for Amare

might be easier to acquire

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Heck no. Martin sat out because he had an injured foot. Martin is FAR more valuable than Kaman. It's not even remotely close. Unless New Orleans is sending a lot more than Kaman our way...