1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get out there and support the Rockets ! Attend the games !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jan 24, 2012.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

We have won 7 in a row, and are on pace to make the playoffs. I was at one particular time for tanking but after watching this team over the last few games my opinion has changed. It is time Houston start showing up to these home games and supporting the Rockets. They aren't a great team but they are a team that in my opinion can make the playoffs and even win the 1st round. It is pathetic watching these home games and only 10k people in the arena. Get out there people and support this team. Lets give the Rockets true home court advantage like you see in places like San Antonio and Utah. They have earned it my friends.

2. Garner

Garner Member

We should go find where the Texans' unloaded their bandwagon and see if any of them would be interested in jumping on!

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I went last week..I'm going tomorrow night. Cheap, cheap tickets on Flashseats....and given seats right in front of the Red Rowdies for tomorrow night's game.

4. Burko

Burko Member

If i could be there i would, I'll be there in spirit.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Yeah Flashseats is a great spot to get yourself GOOD affordable tickets and if you play your cards right, down right steals from time to time.

Fan base is apathetic, the diehards understand and know the team and will support them. The issue is the casual fan, without a true star those fans would rather sit home rather then spend their hard earned cash on Tix, food and beer.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We haven't lost a game that I've attended this season. I am a season ticket holder and I only missed the Thunder game because I was out of the country.

I will always be in TC. I even went to the Pistons game with turf toe.

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Ur sig is comedy......What was he thinking by making those claims ???

Originally Posted by knote32 View Post
    I'm not so sure that Luis Scola is better than Chuck Hayes...

Gortat>>>(Marc)Gasol

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I know right, I'd wish Houston would show some more interest in Rockets basketball being that we are the only houston franchises to win a title. I understand Football is a bigger sport but even after the Texans season is over and Rockets are playing well, they still can't get any air time on the radio stations on that news flashes and having guest speakers. Once the Super Bowl is done and even weeks after, than 90% of what you hear is draft choices and free agent signings for the Texans. I think we can go on a 20 games win streak and they would still get more coverage.

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

fixed

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think a new rule for the GARM should be that if you are going to whine about attendance at games, you should also post how many games you've been to this year. If the answer is 0, your post should automatically be deleted. :)

That said, my complaint has always been that good...no, decent seats are WAY overpriced. But now that the Texans season is over and I'm back on the Rockets bandwagon (not because of the winning streak), I may have to check out that site in MadMax's post and go to a few games.

My company get "discounted" seats for select games, but they are still hella expensive and usually behind the basket.

11. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

The rule would stink because I live outside the country but I still wish for more people to go out and support their team if the have the oppurtunity

12. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Wish I could over here in the desert of Afghanistan! Yall support our boys down in Houston and continue to post your opinions on whats going on I sure enjoy reading about my team. All I have is the computer and highlights on espn in the chow hall.

13. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I propose the opposite. Let's not go and hopefully they will lower their prices, ala astros.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I bid on 3 seats whose face value was $35/each on the morning of the game. I got them for $5/each.

15. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Another incentive to go to games......cheap tickets.

16. trigun333

trigun333 Member

I got season tickets last season and went to 90% of the games. I got them again this year and plan on attending most games. Not letting go of my seats unless I can afford better season tickets :grin:.