1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is our Talented, Athletic small forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GrEgOnOmIcS, Dec 2, 2002.

1. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

Majority of the nba's best teams have at least one spark off the bench who is an athletic force. Usually small forwards, they bang with the big guys and drive fearlessly. It may sound stupid but it's true.

Gerald Wallace, Richard Jefferson, Devean George... I guess our's is Terrence Morris?

2. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Yep, but he can't shoot. :(

But, Nachbar will take up that slot soon.

#2 DavidS, Dec 2, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2002
  3. knifejc

knifejc Member

Sadly we don't have one. I was hoping we would get a better glimpse of what Boki can do, but unfortunately we didn't.

I was thinking MAYBE Griffin would develop into that Athletic small forward, but it appears Griffin doesn't have that extremely explosive jumping ability. Especially on the offensive end

#3 knifejc, Dec 2, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2002
  4. Rockets711

Rockets711 Member

Griffin isn't quick on his feet at all and can't dribble.
    We do need what you just said an athletic SF who can play defense and hit open shots and slash.

5. Hmm

Hmm Member

I'm sure Boki, if given time. Can hit open shots and slash, and last time I saw him, which was in the preseason, his defense wasn't too shabby. The guy was pretty excited to be a rocket, and he looks eager to play. I'm sure he'd do anything, including working hard on defense to just keep playing and help the team.

But, we'll never know if he can be what this team needs, until he gets some decent playing time.

6. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

You forgot Desmond Mason. Man I can't believe we past him up in the 2000 draft.

We should trade EG + 1st Rndr for Desmond Mason.

7. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

That would be one of the worst trades in Rockets history. Eg won't be the athletic small forward we need, but he will be the great power forward we also need. Think of Rasheed Wallace but better. That will be EG in a couple of years.

8. aries323

aries323 Member

Rasheed Wallace but better... EG... wow that would be nice. I know we don't need to trade EG... especially for Desmond Mason. Although Mason is playing better right now... in a few years EG will be much better.

Boki is our future 3. not TMorris. TMorris will be a solid backup at the 3 and maybe 4, but Boki is our man. That kid can shoot lights out. Maybe he'll be a "peja" type of player.

WOW... already 100 posts.

am I a senior member yet???:D

9. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Small forward. HMMMMM.... Doug Christie comes to mind - the trade for Hakeem that got shot down. Oh well- no use pondering the impossible...

10. thomp1141

thomp1141 Member

Terence isn't a "sparkplug." Never has been. TMo is a guy who comes in and does the "little" things. Sure he'll get a dunk now and again, but explosiveness isn't his game (outside of a nasty block on D). Terence is an excellent passer who will work the ball around, grab some boards and get some things done. Is he a Richard Jefferson, sit on the edge of your seat guy? No, but that doesn't make him unvaluable to the Rockets. I like Terence in the rotation.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

:D :D :D :D :D
    you are funny

oh wait ....

you are serious:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly. If healthy, the Rocks do not need another scoring threat, especially in the starting lineup.

Rocks future 3: Tmo
    Rocks future backup 3: Boki

13. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Boki can be our 3 man if he gets any minutes. TMo, well, I am waiting for him to show what everyone was talking about during summer leagues and most recently training camp. Where is that player?

14. Big_Tymer

Big_Tymer Member

Better then Rasheed Wallace=most likely IMPOSSIBLE

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's supposed to be Boki, but I think Rudy is scared of benching Mo, KT, or Eddie.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Big Tymer just wait you will see. He will get better and better.

I see him being a James Worthey type player. That 3rd piece to the puzzle. he will be the player that will make teams not want to double team Ming all the time.;)

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who is our talented SF?

Bostjan Nachbar is the answer.

He should be getting a lot more time on the court. At least he can hit a jump shot.

I would be playing him at least ahead of Tmo especially with Rice hurt.

DaDakota