1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's so great about Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Totally agree with you on this one. His consistent hardwork has definitely earned him a starting spot over t-will and bud. I especially like how he is always rushing towards the basket when a shot goes up to find a rebound. As of now, he needs to develop some confidence in his scoring but time will take care of that.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

What I like about Parsons is something I saw the second he went and dunked on Blake Griffen. He got out on the floor and played hard. He didn't worry about scoring; instead he executed on both ends of the floor. Tonight he confirmed that these instances were no fluke. He played good defense on Durant, hustled on both ends of the floor, made good passes, grabbed more boards than our bigs, forced several turnovers and grabbed three steals. The guy is smart, quick and tall. I like what I'm seeing.

3. aball1991

aball1991 Member

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

hops......

5. sbyang

sbyang Member

Ryan Bowen, Keith Van Horn, Ryan Andersen, Chase, Shane Battier.

Why only compare him to white players?

1 person likes this.
  6. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I called him the black trevor ariza and Carl herrera said black shane Battier

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I love how he plays hard on both ends. Does what is needed and doesnt make too many mistakes. Good shooter.

I wanna see what hes like when he puts the ball on the floor. Whats his handles like? I just wanna see if there is potential for him to work with the ball in his hands.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I kinda like that. I wouldnt mind sliding Budinger to the 2 if Kevin Martin were to get moved.

Its hard to predict who else it would give time TO, because everyone on the team is tradeable and can be packaged.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

If you think about it, Parsons has shown that confidence since draft night. Didn't he kind of force the front office to bring him to camp by refusing to play overseas, despite the lockout? It's like he was thinking he wanted to come and show them he was ready to not just make the team, but play an important role, even if nobody else thought that was possible. Kudos to the kid for believing in himself at a level that nobody else did.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He plays hard, and has some skills. His defense on Durant was pretty solid. I don't see star potential, but he's gonna play in this league for awhile, especially if he can start hitting the long ball with regularity

His was a +14 on the floor today, by far the best on the team, and he's a good rebounder. He's played sparingly so too early to really trust this, but he's averaging 16 pts and 11 rebounds per 36 mins.

Attitude wise he's everything I've wanted Budinger to be. If Chase had his attitude he could be a star. Chase is more athletic, has the same length, and is a better shooter, but mindset is everything.

11. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Hope this shows Twill what you can do with less given talent by working hard, hustle and just focus on defense first. McHale better not go back to Budinger.

Funny how we trade Shane to make room for Budinger fully well knowing they would let go of Adelman and bring in some1 who's going to focus more on defense.

That trade of Shane for Thabeet to make room for Bud in hindsight was a big mistake. We could've used Shane off the bench to guard guys like Lebron, Durant etc.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really liked how Terrence played last night, despite the low minutes. He looked comfortable.

I hope Parsons finds a shot. He is one of the worst free throw shooting white guys of all time...

13. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I've always thought Chase was athletic, but Parson's seems to be more athletic and his length is longer. I think you bring a good point about mindset.

Battier is one of the best I've seen in terms of concentration all 48 minutes. I am hoping Parson's can develop similarly. I believe he can contribute even more on both ends, but he has to put in the work into his development.

14. Dei

Dei Member

He's not just a hustle player. He has fundamentally sound basketball instincts, esp. if you compare him to Budinger. He knows how to place himself on the court, where to get shots, where his teammates are, can anticipate his guy on defense, knows basic plays etc. - he just looks like an actual basketball player.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Chandler Parsons is pretty long. He is 3 inches taller, with 3 inches more wingspan and standing reach according to the combine measurements. Going from a 6-7 Chase Budinger to a 6-10 Chandler Parsons is a huge difference.

If (and this is a big if) he could ever become a sniper from long range, we would have a truly special player. A 6-10 guy that can shoot lights out from 3 and defend and rebound like he does naturally?

I can't wait to watch the next game.

(I hope Marcus gets in on this soon...)

16. blackmix13

blackmix13 Member

i realy don't know what is good about chandler parsons defense,kevin durant scores 27..and parson scores just 2 points for 30 min.. :/ put TWILL in game..he play good on offense and defense..and he knows to score. TWILL IN STARTING 5

17. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

you obviously didn't watch the game. parsons was making durant work for most of his shots and durant was just being durant towards the end of the game

18. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

Good call, Reeko. :)

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Can Budinger play SG?

20. AFS

AFS Member

I want TWill to succeed as much as anyone, but if you watched the Friday night game in OKC, TWill trying to guard Durant was kind of a fail. Parsons did a pretty good job through most of the game Saturday night, and Durant had a pretty quiet game until the fourth quarter because of it.