1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry charged with Battery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaosDirtyStache, Jan 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

@Jonathan_Feigen Jonathan Feigen
    Lowry out vs. Thunder. Dragic to start.

2. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

He has a bruised foot.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Not related to this though.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

As far as I'm concerned the only sure thing is that Lowry threw/tossed/shoved the ball into her torso instead of her face and then cussed her out. Verbal threats aren't really criminal offenses...?

She then apparently proceeded to "toss" (A.K.A. probably beamed at Lowry while he was walking away. Come on, do you really expect this money grubbing w**** to be telling the truth 100%?)

The second attempt by Lowry that she claims he aimed at her face at "extreme force" would be Lowry's error. That would be the only part of this ordeal that should be criminalized.

I don't expect her to be telling the whole truth. I know Lowry is a very emotional player but I don't think this alone is what compelled him to throw the ball the second time.

5. Knetk30

Knetk30 Member

Look you have every right to condemn Lowry for his actions as they were moronic and mean-spirited but I think you're being a little bit too self-righteous. The whole "my father taught me better" is a self-indulgent viewpoint.

6. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

What? I'd call him a thug if Lowry had actually thrown a punch at the other person. He has only thrown a basketball and has even apologized to her afterward.

Support our player!

7. Bandwagoner

Yes they are.
    She is a money grubbing w**** now? How so?
    He story is corroborated

8. NotInMyHouse

Fair enough, consider self-indulgent (self-righteous), but I was raised the way I was raised and am not ashamed.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

no doubt. You have your reasons. But 26 pages it does not warrant. Battery charged already. Does it take this endlessly long?

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

My question is. Why did she wait this long to press charges?..

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Talked to her lawyers but way to ruin someone's reputation when the lockout is over.

12. Bandwagoner

They already have a court appearance date setup for Feb 2nd. She didn't just go to the DA two days ago and get all this done in 15 minutes. Government work takes time.

At least he won't miss games.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This has shieTTY TIMING written all over it. Blame the lockout for it. Otherwise Lowry and guys would be playing summer games, exhibition games instead of this.

14. NotInMyHouse

It doesn't, you're right, but I just got here :p. Let's hope the photoshop thread is longer by the end of the night. :grin:

15. Felece

Felece Member

Lowry attacked a woman. Just put him in jail for 6 month, he'll learn his lesson by then and get teamed up with Andre Drummond for the best one-two punch in the league for years to come :grin:

Seriously just look at the state of our team without lowry... Absolutely atrocious

16. Lovemachine2000

This is completely ridiculous. Let the man play some damn ball without gold-diggers harassing him! For those who support the "battery charges", tell me you've never gotten mad during a pick up basketball game. He threw the ball at the ref! He clearly had no intention to hurt her. He made a mistake, one that deserves minimal attention and certainly not a freaking criminal charge (or the civil suit that will inevitably follow).

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know we are all Lowry fans....but I find it a bit disturbing that people are coming to his defense and actually attacking the woman.

Why don't you all ask your mom if it is ok to cuss her out and throw stuff at her when you are mad?

C'mon guys! Since when does anything trump basic human decency? You don't threaten people and you don't throw things at them in a violent manner. It really is that simple.

18. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

This is classic gold digging.

Lowry will be slapped with a civil suit soon. Emotional distress and physical suffering.

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

She's been waiting for cash.

20. Lovemachine2000

If she had any basic human decency, she'd accept Lowry's apology and not go after him half a year later.