1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next year's lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TB3, Aug 18, 2000.

1. TB3

TB3 Member

If the Rockets looked like this next year-

Cato
    Taylor
    Langhi
    Anderson, Mobley
    Steve

Wouldn't we be better off locking up Anderson, Taylor, and using the rest of our assets on the highest draft pick possible? How about trading Cato, and our picks to the worst team to draft Curry.

Curry
    Taylor
    Langhi
    Anderson, Mobley
    Francis

Damn! This rebuilding process is close to complete. Rudy may have us competing for a spot in the finals within 3 years. [​IMG]

------------------
    "There is no controlling legal authority", - Al Gore, upon discovery that he clearly broke campaign fundraising laws.

2. TB3

TB3 Member

This guy may be able to help. I wonder if he is too old to help in our rebuilding project-

Dale ready to dump Pacers According to the Indiana Star News Power forward sings for two more years but may want out before. On the same day that he signed a two-year extension, Davis said that he may need to get out of Indiana to get the money he feels he deserves. 'The only thing I'm asking for is market value,' said Davis. 'And if I can't get it in Indiana, then I'm going to have to look to do other things, or look to be possibly moved to another situation where I feel like, off the court, I can make a little more money.' He said that he would prefer to stay in Indiana but under the new CBA, the Pacers can't pay him to his satisfaction (despite giving him the largest raise allowable), and he may have to look at outside venues for income (hint, hint: LA, NY, Chicago). It seems highly unlikely that the Pacers would even look to trade Davis after allocating so much money to several veteran players for one more run at the title. But but budding star Al Harrington is right behind him on the depth chart and in case you're wondering, Dale's salary is a very tradeable $6M this year and $7.3M next season. -Pacers Rant

------------------
    "There is no controlling legal authority", - Al Gore, upon discovery that he clearly broke campaign fundraising laws.

3. EckelsSucksMyA$$

Why is it that every time a good player is mentioned to be traded, LA and NY are the frontrunners. LA and NY are screwed cap wise. How are they going to afford Davis? I can see Chicago because they have so much cap room but I dont think that anyone would want to play for them. Especially a PF (I am pretty sure that Davis is a PF).

------------------
    Build it and they will STAY!