1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we going to get ivolved w/ Cavs...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigboymumu, Aug 9, 2000.

Tags:
  1. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Heat and Blazer's deal?
    I had a big post but I was disconnected so I'll just summarize.

Wizard to Heat, exemption to whatever team, and we get Oneal from Blazer's. We do not lose much in salary space for next year. Imagine that line up: Cato, Oneal, Anderson, Mobley, and Franchise. We get younger and we have player's to trade if there is a sign and trade for Webber next year. Would you do this deal?
    If you guys do not like Oneal who would you rather have?

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

2. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

I'm really sick of everyone talking trash about walt and sticking him in rumored trade packages. He is extremely important in the rockets future. Do ya'll realize that with Hakeem leaving we will have no veteran players on our team. We need him as a voice for our young players. He is a strong player and a lot of the youngins look up to him and repect him a lot. If you've noticed when steve and mobley among others have stated why they are excited about our future, its because walt is going to be a part of that. WE DO NOT NEED TO GET RID OF WALT.HE IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THIS TEAM, and without him we have no veteran leadership on this team......WHICH WE NEED. WIZ IS THE MAN!!!!!

------------------

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we desperately need a veteran, we can sign Antoine Carr, or beg and plead for Tony Massenburg to come back. They'll come a lot cheaper too.

By the time this team is primed for a title run, I don't think it'll be a problem, by then, Cato and Shandon will both be about 30, Francis will be hitting 26 or so, and Cat will be around 28.

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Follow the rules or be assimilated.
    Shandon is underrated.

4. bishop

bishop Member

i must also finally jump in. i think it's rediculous that so many rocket fans are calling for walt to be traded. walt is a very important part of the rebuilding process. he can hit the jumper (2 or 3ptr), he can post up the smaller guards and forwards and drive by the power forwards when rudy t. has him matched up as such. granted, he may not be the greatest defensive player in the world, but for some of the guys that you so called rocket fans are saying he should be traded for, we'll not only lose some offense but even defense in some cases.

------------------
    " the average age just went up by 25 years" c. barkley, when moses malone walked into the room.

5. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I don't know where this comes from or if there is any remote possibility of happening. But if there was the possibility, I'd add Chicago to the deal, and complete the original deal to send Oneal or Cato to Chicago for Fizer, Crawford and a draft choice. If I got that for Wizard and the exception, I'd be thrilled. Maybe trade Crawford for a draft pick next year, or else, now that Mobely is securely in the fold, develop him for future trade bait.

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Apparently Walt Williams is the Saviour and the Future of the Rockets, cool his presence should guarentee us the championship.

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

7. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

My mom told me to never get involved with the Cavs.

------------------
    "At one of these governors' conferences, George [W. Bush] turns to me and says: 'What are they talking about?' I said: 'I don't know.' He said: 'You don't know anything, do you?' And I said: 'Not one thing.' [Bush] said: 'Neither do I.' And we kind of high-fived."
    --Republican Gov. Gary Johnson of New Mexico shares a verbal exchange that took place between he and George W. Bush.

(Quote is from the Los Angeles Times, 5/31/00)
    Dubyah Speaks

8. WHAM!

WHAM! Member

i'm no basketball genius, but i don't think that doing three way or more trades are exactly the simplest things in the world to figure out and i think it is quite ridiculous to think that the cavs, heat, and blazers would add us into their deal just to please us...that's just plain stupid.

i don't mean to sound degrading, but i think teams try to make deals as simple as possible and still get what they need and even at that things still get complicated with the salaries and such.

if you want to get rid of wizard and get oneal it's going to be a separate deal, why would they want to make things more complicated and more difficult to work out? that just stresses everybody out.

------------------

9. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Rocket Ry- If that's the case, then i think Steve Jerr is the answer. However, that still doesn't make me wanna trade Walt. He is a clutch player and can teach Langhi a thing or 2. I think the guys we should be sticking in tade rumors are the guys we DONT need..like Drew and Carlos ROgers

------------------
    "There are two rules for success... 1) Never tell everything you know."

10. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

If we're gonna get rid of Walt, it better be for a proven player, not some young pup who hasn't done *hit. If you noticed it was when Walt started producing that the Rockets started taking off. Over the last month and a half,I'd have to say he was either our best player or one of the best. Massenburg already signed w/Vancouver. Carr, I wouldn't mind if we can't Mo. We need a enforcer who can rough up people, set good picks and hit open jumpshots.

------------------