1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BRYCE DREW'S TRADE VALUE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperS32, Aug 7, 2000.

1. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

According to a lot of rocket's fans, Bryce Drew's trade value is about equal to Tony Farmer's trade value. But i'v heard trade rumors around the league with guys like Rodney Rogers involved for Drew (not straight up of course). So wut is his real trade value? What could we get for him and maybe carlos Rogers.

------------------
    "There are two rules for success... 1) Never tell everything you know."

2. Colby

Colby Member

I suspect that given quality minute he could be a 10-5 guy. What that is worth is in the eye of the beholder. Drew fits w/ a halfcourt team better than a running team.

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Does anyone have a quarter?

Bryce Drew's trade value is most likely going to be less than what he's making.

------------------
    Don't you have anything better to do?

4. Gideon

Gideon Member

You mean Drew has value? [​IMG]

I like the guy, I just don't think that we're going to get too much for him.

------------------
    He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

5. #1rocketsfan

#1rocketsfan Contributing Member

I hear that Portland is loosing Greg Anthony, maybe Drew, Thomas, and the exception for Oneal.

------------------

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Package Drew with Walt and i reckon we could get a coffee machine for CC BBS.

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

7. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

it seems to me that a couple of years everyone was saying how this guy could turn into a steve nash.And now, everyone thinks of him as a poor man's brent price

------------------

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Smegger-No one wants Walt's contract.

As for Drew, he's only been playing a couple of years.

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Follow the rules or be assimilated.
    Shandon is underrated.

[This message has been edited by NIKEstrad (edited August 08, 2000).]

9. Sane

Sane Member

Bryce Drew and moochie norris for Alvin Williams to make cuttino happier, LOL!
    but i'd seriously do that trade!!!!!

------------------

10. PhiSlammaJamma

He has no value whatsoever. He's a very strong 3rd point guard and a really strong 3rd shooting guard. That doesn't carry value however. Once you bump him up to the backup position he becomes very average when compared to those around the league. That doesn't carry any value either. When you start him he's got to be in the lower 10 % at shooting guard and is perhaps the worst point guard in the league. That carries no value. Add in the fact that we have Steve Francis and every team in the league knows they can pick him up when he gets dumped.

I hate to say it, but there is no place for Drew on this team. As N-Sync would say, bye bye.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

11. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

I dont think h'es THAT bad. I mean, if he was so bad, the Suns wouldn't be willing to trade Rodney Rogers in order to get him. I thinkn it'll be one of those things where once he leaves Houston, he'll become the player everyone thought he would be.

------------------

12. Rocket JJANG

Rocket JJANG Member

The suns were prepared to trade Rodney Rogers because they wanted Cato, Drew was just a player in the package.

------------------
    Hack a Shaq you'll be winning
    Hack-him you'll be dreaming.

13. University Blue

Drew would thrive as a SG, in a line-up with a tall PG and front-line shot-blockers.

If the LA Clippers intend to move Odom to the PG position, Drew could be a nice second unit complement at SG.

If Indiana intends to move Rose to the PG position, Drew could do well there, too. A team that will play Mullin (and Miller) must have -some- weakside support on defense.

With that said, I think Drew still has a place on this Houston team -- a team with Cato and hopefully another shotblocker.

------------------
    Forget regrets or life is yours to miss.

14. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Drew for a band boy tough guy ought to do it.

We have to send him prepared though, so he needs to get comfortable with a BK headset down at the drive-thru.

------------------
    "At one of these governors' conferences, George [W. Bush] turns to me and says: 'What are they talking about?' I said: 'I don't know.' He said: 'You don't know anything, do you?' And I said: 'Not one thing.' [Bush] said: 'Neither do I.' And we kind of high-fived."
    --Republican Gov. Gary Johnson of New Mexico shares a verbal exchange that took place between he and George W. Bush.

(Quote is from the Los Angeles Times, 5/31/00)
    Dubyah Speaks

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Right, and they're not.

------------------
    "Thick, lustrous hair is very important to me."
    -George Costanza